ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4J shed, update.

MG ZR 1.8
Challenge accepted.
Can anyone get there hands on a decibel reader see how noisy we can make the tunnel? Haha. All of us as the same time, it'd be a right racket !

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Toby's exhaust would actually be the quietest :p

There an app on the iPhone for db metering, don't know how accurate it is though

BlackGold 182
haha yeaa it will defiantly be quietest, are either of you running decat? and like its it straight through or you still running centre silencer?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
haha yeaa it will defiantly be quietest, are either of you running decat? and like its it straight through or you still running centre silencer?

It's pretty much a straight through from the cat on both of ours, I was going to run a decat but not anymore, is your cat still in?

BlackGold 182
naaa ive been decatted since like august i think and then just before christmas i had the centre silencer removed too. so its a straight pipe from manifold down to back box :)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
naaa ive been decatted since like august i think and then just before christmas i had the centre silencer removed too. so its a straight pipe from manifold down to back box :)

Ahh but me and steph don't have backboxes :)

BlackGold 182
you dont have a backbox ? :S

5690efb6-8f2e-b00a.jpg

i see one there quite clearly in black lol

BlackGold 182
lol that really is a backbox, every car has a backbox. resonator is another word for the centre silencer.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL Adam - a box is a resonator, no matter where it is.

The baffles, or horsehair, or any form of wadding simply is there to eat some noise. It still does the same job.

Pulse tuning - look it up.

TT QS
What exhaust have you got on this? Sorry if it's been said already lol

The same as the one pictured above?
Lovely car btw :)

MG ZR 1.8
What exhaust have you got on this? Sorry if it's been said already lol

The same as the one pictured above?
Lovely car btw :)

I had a ktec super sports exhaust, now I've got a sportex pipe on it now
5284e8b0-06e6-385f.jpg

Excuse how filthy it is, been driving around In snow and grit lol

And I haven't had a chance to cut it up into the bumper yet. (scared haha)

TT QS
Ahhh thank you.
I'm after a new exhaust and just want inspiration for when I do.
But I think I'll be the same and have it below. I'd probably ruin the bumper haha

TT QS
I like stealths but I Wouldn't want a loud one :/

I do like the sound of that.
my friends grande punto was so loud it made a little girl cry
To loud for me but I loved how much it popped.

I want pops :( lol

MG ZR 1.8
That's just from the inside so you can see what I mean about it getting a bit drowny? But it's ok. Cause it's nice sound lol

BlackGold 182
sounds surprisingly like toby's haha your soon get bored of it when you go 100 mile trips lol sounds good though

MG ZR 1.8
Gave it a quick clean today in preparation for the meet on sunday!
Love how shiny it comes up after a clean!

4d6077b4-6e79-63c2.jpg
4d6077b4-6e88-e026.jpg

Need to get the black bits off my number plates :/