ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kenwood-A200 with ipod, nightmare :( Anyone help???

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi All,

I went to purchase a way to get my ipod playing through my standard stereo (clio 182, 54 reg) today, i said that I understood that a Denision solution was the way forward but I was told that the new "kenwood kos-a200" was the way to go as the system would be a cable so good sound quality, and it would also show the track names etc on my standard display, and it would charge my i-pod at the same time, and it had the option of using any usb device, not just the ipod...... Sounded perfect..........

So I agreed and they fitted it. However........... I CAN listen to my ipod connected via the headphone jack. But then this does not show the song titles on the display and it does not charge the ipod.

If I plug it into the USB the car radio display DOES show the song title and it DOES charge the ipod, But its DOES NOT allow the diplay on the ipod to work, (The display comes up "Do not disconnect" like when you plug it into your pc to update your i-tunes).

So, overall, i cant seem to do what the shop said i woiuld be able to, i.e. charge the ipod,see what track is playing in the car stereo display and use the ipod to navigate.

Does anyone know if im doing anything wrong or have i just been sold the wrong bit of kit for my requirements?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Cheers
Groover

Leon Cupra 300
hmm, depends what they have told you.. its cool you can see what is playing on your display but it pretty usless if your unable to navigate your ipod

RenaultSport clio 182
exactly,im going to take it back in tomorrow....... looking forward to them taking it out and replacing it with a dension thingy with no arguments at all.......... wonder if im being a bit hopeful there?

RenaultSport Clio CUP
get it back - sounds like they sold you a pup! - and its their lack of product knowledge at fault (suggest you fully check out car installs BEFORE you leave premises, i have had hassle before due to this)

Good luc

Regards

Danny