ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knee pads - What are people using?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Evening all,

For whatever reason kneeling most of the day on cold concrete is beginning to hurt my knees😅 So am browsing for knee pads, all of which seem to be either quite bulky lumps of plastic and foam or just thin ones for exercise and knee support.
Just wondering what everyone else is using and would recommend?

Jack.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Not exactly for kneeling but I have used these which helped. Bought originally for bike riding incase I had a off, but I've used them for kneeling on concrete also. The quite stretchy and have a soft pad so aren't hard to kneel on but offer some decent level of support. I quite the the nukeproof logo also but they do all black if you want a more subtle look.

I’ve been using Redbacks strapped knee pads for a number of years now and would recommend, really comfy strapped design means you can wear them all year round with shorts although they do also sell the trouser inserts. Due to the pad design it never goes out of shape or compresses like the foam style knee pads.

Ebay doing 10% off at the moment with code TENOFF3

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I wouldn't bother with the knee pads and I'd go for a kneeling mat like this instead.

Ideal for when you're on your back too.

Can't believe how much they've shot up in price though.

After using it for a week I couldn't believe that I'd been using old bits of carpet and stuff previously.

Screenshot_20220424-104121_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: J-J

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with the turdburgler on this. I got a couple of Screwfix kneeling mats free on a deal years ago and they're brilliant. You can lean for something or roll on your knees without them dislodging or falling off them.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
I use dickies ones that go inside my trousers not clumsy and better than a mat as they are always with you
IMG_20220424_115035.jpg

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Appreciate all the responses, except @Touring_Rob 's 😅
Ordered a pair on redbacks on @Jack-C 's recommendation they look a mega bit of kit exactly what I'm after cheers for that mate!
Got a few floor mats but 99% of the time I'm doing a few things at once and just never move them with me, I've come to the realisation if it's not attached to me I'm too lazy to move it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Carpet underlay chopped into shape and then put into the “pouch” on work trousers seems to work for me.

Admittedly, not ideal when it’s not weather and you want to be in shorts.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve been using Redbacks strapped knee pads for a number of years now and would recommend, really comfy strapped design means you can wear them all year round with shorts although they do also sell the trouser inserts. Due to the pad design it never goes out of shape or compresses like the foam style knee pads.

Ebay doing 10% off at the moment with code TENOFF3

Old thread I know, but tough.

What are these like if you're a big lad? The ones I had (admittedly cheap) had straps that kept slipping/rolling down, most likely to the size of my thighs #bootylicious

Old thread I know, but tough.

What are these like if you're a big lad? The ones I had (admittedly cheap) had straps that kept slipping/rolling down, most likely to the size of my thighs #bootylicious
There’s plenty of adjustment on the Velcro straps for various leg sizes. They can sometimes slip down if the bottom strap isn’t done up tight enough but it’s easy to get the right fit and stay comfortable for prolonged use.

Using these almost daily and I’m still pleased with them.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172