ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Konigsports Fitted

Evo 8 MR
Took the best part of all day to fit them and I'm absolutely knackered, I've not even had chance to road test it yet as I've just tidied up and then came in and collapsed on the couch.

Not the best pics as the light was starting to fade but you get the idea.

They were a lot easier to fit than the Apex kit on the dynamique although I've misjudged the height a little, I'll never get it off the driveway the way it is so the front will have to come up a bit and the rear will go down a little tomorrow before I get the tracking done.

Also fitted OMP front strut brace (properly this time) and I have some compbrake top mounts but unfortunately I don't have a 25mm spanner so I have to stick with the standard ones for now, the back seats will be out very soon and I got a delivery of a nice new ITG panel filter this afternoon.

FKKonigsportsFitted6.jpg

FKKonigsportsFitted5.jpg

FKKonigsportsFitted4.jpg

FKKonigsportsFitted3.jpg

FKKonigsportsFitted2.jpg

FKKonigsportsFitted1.jpg

Look awesome mate. I think these will be defo on my shopping list. Did u fit them yourself then? Fancy giving me a hand? How much were they?

Evo 8 MR
Loving the "rake" stance :approve:

I just wanted to get them on tbh, I didn't know what was what in terms of the height so I just guessed at it and that's the outcome.

Look awesome mate. I think these will be defo on my shopping list. Did u fit them yourself then? Fancy giving me a hand? How much were they?

Yeah I fit them myself, saves £100 don't it?

They were just short of £600 delivered from Kam Racing including Cliosport discount.

I'll give you a hand yeah as long as brews are provided of course. ;)

BG 182 FF
You dont mess about m8, looks great, as soon as its set up and adjusted to what you want will be awesome. Would like to hear what you think of the collies when you have chance to road test them

alien green rs133
i would say drop the back 5mm and raise the front 10mm, sorted

will look pukka :D

something along these lines height wise
18189064a11593487702o.jpg

Evo 8 MR
You dont mess about m8, looks great, as soon as its set up and adjusted to what you want will be awesome. Would like to hear what you think of the collies when you have chance to road test them

I've got this week off and I've pretty much blown what I got for the dynamique on mods, servicing and debts so it's quite scary how much I've spent in the last fortnight!

Things will slow down now, I promise. Just little things next....until the end of the month. :rasp:

Charged Superleggera
awsome mate. maybe drop the back a wee bit but apart from that looks cracking. coilies really do transform a car.

Clio 172 Cup
Rear looks bang on to me but the front looks broken.

Cups and Trophies should never be too low as the handling becomes compromised. Completely goes against what the cars are all about.

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Looks nice

Is it me or does the track width on that look really inward compared to a normal cup??

Evo 8 MR
I woke up this morning to find a nice big puddle of oil right underneath the nearside driveshaft where it goes into the gearbox. :dapprove:

So I worked as quick as possible to get the front end up and off I went to national tyres to get them to look at it with the steering wheel about as straight as a roundabout.

They told me that it was a gearbox seal that needed replacing, the driveshafts were fine but he was "afraid to say" what it might cost and that National tyres don't do gearboxes.

He did however refer me to a local place that do so I went there and the guy looked at it but after he removed the undertray he was surprised to find there was no signs of a leak. He even let me have a look and there was oil on the bottom of the box but that was due to it being on the undertray.

His advice was to clean off the oil and monitor it for the next couple of days so I left and went back to National tyres to tell them and get the tracking done. You can clearly see now that theres a noticeable amount of camber on the front though.

Everything still works as it should, theres no strange noises or any different feel to the box so I'll follow the guys advice. Personally I think when I lowered it so much on the front it's caused the cv boot to open a little and oil has seaped out, as soon as I raised it I think it's closed up but that's just me hoping for the best tbh, only time will tell.

I'll get some updated pics in a bit.

Mine decided to drop abit of gearbox oil randomly once after I'd been messing about underneath the car. The oil has seeped through the undertray and on to the drive, removed the undertray and was no evidence of a leak (apart from the usual weep that the gearboxes do have). Cleaned it all up and it's never done it since.

Just keep your eye on it, car looks spot on now mate, makes me want a set of Koni adjustable shocks even more now lol

Evo 8 MR
That's good to hear, I've been thinking the gearbox is about to blow any second lol, it wasn't THAT much oil so it can't do any harm surely.

Here is how it sits now:

FKKonigsportsVersion21.jpg

FKKonigsportsVersion22.jpg

FKKonigsportsVersion24.jpg

FKKonigsportsVersion23.jpg

The last couple of days have been a nightmare, I'm not touching it for the time being so it's gonna stay like that until I can be bothered to lower it a touch more both front and rear.

The ride quality seems really good, not too harsh as you can adjust the damping but I can't properly throw it about as the tyres really do scare me so I think Conti Sports are on the shopping list for sure.

Last edited:
Like I say, just keep an eye on it, was it definitely gearbox oil? It has a really potent smell to it.

The contis are really good and rate them highly but they wear out pretty quickly, if you can stretch to it, I'd get the the Michi PE2s. Similar if not slightly more grip than the contis and they last alot longer.

You might have just disturbed the N/S gaitor that bolts to the gearbox when you fitted the coilovers Steve and had a bit come out. As if you take that off completely before draining the gearbox you will get box oil just pouring out...so there is always some oil sat in it..

Looks good at that height now, should settle a bit too!

Evo 8 MR
Like I say, just keep an eye on it, was it definitely gearbox oil? It has a really potent smell to it.

The contis are really good and rate them highly but they wear out pretty quickly, if you can stretch to it, I'd get the the Michi PE2s. Similar if not slightly more grip than the contis and they last alot longer.

Yeah definitely from the box, I took it to my local mechanic who serviced it the other day and he said straight away plus I suspected it was that anyway.

I'll look into the michelins at the end of the month.

You might have just disturbed the N/S gaitor that bolts to the gearbox when you fitted the coilovers Steve and had a bit come out. As if you take that off completely before draining the gearbox you will get box oil just pouring out...so there is always some oil sat in it..

Looks good at that height now, should settle a bit too!

Thanks Jord, it's looking that way as it seems okay now.

Shall I get the camber adjusted or leave as is? Can it even BE adjusted without new top mounts?