ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec racing (Turbo'd?) Twingo, Wilmslow, 8.45am

Jon?

Presuming this was you fella. Sounded good. Ktec stickers down the side and a nice little waste gate gurgle as you came off the road about :)

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
yeah, bloody traffic census on the A34, so went into work down the old bypass to avoid it!

How cool is the Twingo? lol

not much at all Dave, just an exhaust and remap to take it to nearly 130bhp and 140lbs/ft. It has suspension and brake mods too, so overall it's just a nicely packaged car, well impressed with it and makes a change from the Clio which is noisy as hell and you need to concentrate and keep your wits sharp so it doesn't kill you lol

DMS

A thirsty 172
They were going to lend me that this week but I got their Monaco 172 instead. Wounded, I like dump valves :(

Peddled device
I have got Nemo from Birchdown today...newer than my Cup...a beast of a van ;)

Love courtesy cars !

Ah, I miss Birchdown's old un. It was an, erm, experience lol!

Jon, we'll go for a spin next week chap.

They were going to lend me that this week but I got their Monaco 172 instead. Wounded, I like dump valves :(

Well it's very good of them to not only have loan cars, but to keep it real with them being from the RS range :) I'm mainly enjoying the lack of noise and insane mpg it gives (no idea what it is, all I know is about a 1/4 of what I would normally use! lol)

Jamie, deffo fella, we should hit Fosters up! hehe

DMS

A thirsty 172
You're quite right.
Most of the time you get a courtesy car it's a poxy 1.0 Nissan Micra E or some type of poo engined Corsa. This 172 is more or less exactly the same as my car, except it doesn't have cruise control (which I never use), speed limiter (which I rarely use) and traction control (which I always switch off unless it's raining much). It's certainly the best courtesy car I've ever had, although now the weekend is fast approaching I'm starting to really look forward to getting my own car back... with extra grunt! :D

I also quite like the private plate they've put on it. Wonder if it's for sale lol...

I'd certainly not have complained at a 172 either fella. Top service to offer such an interesting array of cars, although next time I think the logical upgrade would be some form of Renault engined helicopter, or a rocket pack :)
Glad I got the Twingo even though it might not be as quick as a 172 (it could be, not driven a standard one now for some time!) it certainly is a nice and interesting change and the DV makes me chuckle. I'm actually seriously tempted to get one!

Jamie, give me a shout in the week and we'll do Fosters and a pint lad :)