ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L@@K 172 hisssing L@@K

ph - Quick Silver!
basically theres a hissing sound coming from my engine so guy told me its my roller bearings but i went to eurocarparts to get this part and they said theres no such thing? they said its called a tensioner kit? could this be causing my hissing noise?

BMW F31
is the tensioner kit part of the cambelt assembly?

i have a hissing like noise from the front offside of my engine too.

almost like a hose is split. gets louder with more revs etc

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
yeah its the tensioner kit, ie roller kit ie belt rollers blah blah, people call it retarded things, but its a tensioner/idle bearing

A ANIMAL
The induction makes a hissing noise usually on RS clios. Also theres a whole in the drivers side wing mirror which can hiss as air flows over it.

If its running ok i wouldn't worry its probably just the inductioln. If the head gasket was on its way out it would run hot.

BMW F31
hope its not the head gasket. Hows it running?

dont know if your talking to me or OP, but i had a compression test done on mine and it was fine.

and it doesnt run hot etc.

mine is definately coming from my engine as i've had all the bumper off etc to locate the noise.

its getting a new injector put in today so hopefully it'll be running so i can test for this hissing

A ANIMAL
I'm sure it will just be the induction tbh it makes a kinda sshhh. if its coming from the pasanger side it could be because the air intake is behing the lining in the wheel arch.

BMW F31
nope its from the drivers side, and it was doing it with my standard airbox, it definately wasn't there before, i left it for 4 days, then started it and there's the noise.

its a noisy bearing i think coming from the alternator or the idler pulley etc.

A ANIMAL
nope its from the drivers side, and it was doing it with my standard airbox, it definately wasn't there before, i left it for 4 days, then started it and there's the noise.

its a noisy bearing i think coming from the alternator or the idler pulley etc.

Pulley would probably be favorite in which case. Is it constantly bad or is it worse when cold?

BMW F31
constantly noisy, worse when driving and the revs are up, as soon as i dip the clutch it goes (with road noise, cant hear it anymore) lift clutch and it comes back.

i had the gearbox reconned over a year ago, the garage removed the bar that goes from the subframe to the top of the inner arch that plastic arch liner clips around, so now the bottom pulley is exposed etc to wheel arch. i think it always exposed from below with the arch liner in place but now you can see it if you look through the alloy to the inner arch, im wondering if its got wet etc and caused it knacker the pulley or something

A ANIMAL
Does sound like a pulley then. Especially if it's fully exposed. strange that it would drop out completely with the cluch though. Not a bearing?