ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna/cup racer hubs confirmation?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
These are the 2 part numbers for them, just confirming they are the right spec? I see some have a couple of holes near the caliper mounting points and some dont
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...517827?hash=item4d624a4b03:g:g4oAAOSwrklU8zx2

Just wanna make sure as they're all overbroad and cost lots to post or this one might still have them
That one is a 1.8, so it won't have the cup racer hubs. The 2.2 is the one you want, but I can't remember the exact dimensions off the top of my head.

@NorthloopCup

This is another part number for them, 7700423103, which seems the face lift ph1
Some of the hubs have a letter in between the strut holes, C, D, O, G, thats what they seem to be and some dont have any. So the cup hubs all have D on them?
ddb1758f-0c81-42c3-b59b-79309c76ee14-5430-000004c0c080f3da-jpg.jpg

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...guna/part/knuckle-front-right/partid/2445249/
1.jpg

A 1.6 laguna with D letter, but without the holes near the caliper mount and abs
But after searching another cup hub is without them
cupracerhubs-jpg.jpg

I dont understand why they would have 5 different uprights for all the models. Surely they all are the same spec. Im not disagreeing with you about them being 2.2d uprights, but Im confused as to why they are the exact ones, the slowest laguna out of them all had the best spec for the clios?

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...23102/part/knuckle-front-left/partid/2103795/

It just seems the racer uprights are the mk1 facelift ones. Possibly regardless of the letter as well

Pre facelift, without the slight cut out or letter between strut holes
1.jpg

Might seem pointless but I dont want to spend the money and order from another country for them to be wrong! :smile:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@NorthloopCup

This is another part number for them, 7700423103, which seems the face lift ph1
Some of the hubs have a letter in between the strut holes, C, D, O, G, thats what they seem to be and some dont have any. So the cup hubs all have D on them?
View attachment 1351254

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...guna/part/knuckle-front-right/partid/2445249/
View attachment 1351255
A 1.6 laguna with D letter, but without the holes near the caliper mount and abs
But after searching another cup hub is without them
View attachment 1351256

I dont understand why they would have 5 different uprights for all the models. Surely they all are the same spec. Im not disagreeing with you about them being 2.2d uprights, but Im confused as to why they are the exact ones, the slowest laguna out of them all had the best spec for the clios?

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...23102/part/knuckle-front-left/partid/2103795/

It just seems the racer uprights are the mk1 facelift ones. Possibly regardless of the letter as well

Pre facelift, without the slight cut out or letter between strut holes
View attachment 1351257

Might seem pointless but I dont want to spend the money and order from another country for them to be wrong! :smile:
The larger hubs would be there for strength mate as the diesel would generate a lot more torque.
The ones from a 2.2 will work just fine mate, as I bought a pair for myself moons ago. I can't remember where I found the information out from, but it was definitely on here.

I *think* the main differences are in the thickness where the hub bolts up to the strut. The cup racer/2.2 items were substantially thicker in this area to reduce flex.

@NorthloopCup

Appreciate it man. I can see how that would have an impact on the different spec of the models. Its unfortunate that they are not very available and over seas. Ive seen a few 2.2s on the proxyparts site form holland though

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
@ZachB
How did you get on with this? Did you manage to find out if the mk1 and mk2 dimensions were the same?
Can you confirm the part numbers?

Thanks

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
These are the 2 part numbers for them, just confirming they are the right spec? I see some have a couple of holes near the caliper mounting points and some dont

I can find a number of hubs that match these numbers but are from a petrol model. Although the picture's look similar

@ZachB
How did you get on with this? Did you manage to find out if the mk1 and mk2 dimensions were the same?
Can you confirm the part numbers?

Thanks
Never did this in the end unfortunately, I bought some hubs but sold them on, was too much work. All I bought were a pair of mk1 hubs off ebay that looked like the ones in the pictures here with the letters D and G (right and left)

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Thanks @ZachB after the info this thread I've found a pair from an early 2.2D Laguna. The pictures look like a match so fingers crossed.
From a bit of research it seems the wheel bearing changed around 1999, and the early hubs were 4 stud and then changed to 5 stud.