ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamppost + old ford + 100mph + no seatbelt =

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
How to survive hitting a lamppost at 100+. Don't wear a seatbelt. Apparently the driver in this was flung out of the vehicle which saved his life. You can guess what would have happened had the belt retained him in the car...

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
No, hilarious. He was doing a ton, not wearing a Seatbelt, in a shitty old Ford. Silly boy.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
How to survive hitting a lamppost at 100+. Don't wear a seatbelt. Apparently the driver in this was flung out of the vehicle which saved his life. You can guess what would have happened had the belt retained him in the car...

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

how did you find out about this and where did the crash happen??

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
f**k me gently.

Poor S2. Looked completely standard, too :dapprove:

Fiesta ST-2
Why do people not wear seatbelts? I just cannot get it into my head why you wouldn't wear it :S

even though this guy was a lucky f**ker

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I can guarentee that driver will never wear a seatbelt again because 'wearing one would have killed me' b****cks. Very, very lucky.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ah they dont build em like the used to...Williams anyone.Cant see whether its a 1,2 or 3 due to rust and crash damage...

6a00d8341c083153ef00e551e3e8f58833-.jpg

My uncle had a similar accident where as he was and in the passenger seat with no belt on and got flung out of the car where as the driver was belted up. His mate almost died where as he walked. Still, i belt up.

RS200
Nasty. Lucky there were no passengers!!

I've been in an accident before, sat in the rear of a car and I took my seatbelt off to take my jacket off. As I was doing that, we went round a corner (in my mind too fast) and slid across the road and basically ended up rolling the car. I was thrown about and ended up under the driver and front passenger. After managing to get out of the car, it was apparent that had I been held in place on the rear seat, I may have had serious injuries or even been killed, due to the roof being level with the top on the rear bench, and a tree intruding through the window. Personally, I think it was fate that I felt too warm 30 seconds before the accident.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I've been in an accident before, sat in the rear of a car and I took my seatbelt off to take my jacket off. As I was doing that, we went round a corner (in my mind too fast) and slid across the road and basically ended up rolling the car. I was thrown about and ended up under the driver and front passenger. After managing to get out of the car, it was apparent that had I been held in place on the rear seat, I may have had serious injuries or even been killed, due to the roof being level with the top on the rear bench, and a tree intruding through the window. Personally, I think it was fate that I felt too warm 30 seconds before the accident.

I'm so glad you're still with us.

<3

Final destination? Watch your back...;)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
the fact the head-rest is pasted on the floor behind that williams is a bit unnerving. *Shudders*

Hyundai i40
similar thing happened to my mate in a RS Turbo too.

Electric Post he crashed into, if he had had his belt on he would have died instead of being sent down for joy riding, Car looked very similar to the OP afterward

Astra SRI/ Hornet
that willy is a 9.5 out of 10 defo ive seen imo a 10 once, was an early 306 and was basically nothing left. both occupant's died. i had bad 1 myself and does make ya think when you see these pics.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
that willy is a 9.5 out of 10 defo ive seen imo a 10 once, was an early 306 and was basically nothing left. both occupant's died. i had bad 1 myself and does make ya think when you see these pics.
Can I post the picture? :eek:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
have you seen the one with the RS6 split in two (driver got out and walked away), put RS6 crash into google it's the first image..I think he hit a tree...