ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop back up discs or help?

Audi A3
Ive got a 2 year old HP pavillion dv-6 laptop, which is broke.

i know it was never the best around but it comfotably did what i needed it to do. now however when i switch it on on, its got a normal mode and a recovery mode, go through recovery and a blue screen appears.

Ive also tried all the F8 F10 and F11 key options and nothing seems to work.

any thoughts what i could do, and if its a recovery disc option, where do i get them from?

cheers guys

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
My DV6000 came with Vista :dead:

I'd recommend sticking Win 7 on it ANY day! Makes it much faster and easier to use!
Only thing that doesn't work on mine now is my remote control :(

What do you want the backup discs for? Do you no longer have the recovery partition?

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
All HPs come with recovery partitions. It's a split in the hard drive that the recovery "disc" is on. It's not a disc as such, but the same as. You can boot into the recovery partition and it's the same yet faster as you eliminate the need to read from a DVD.

If that makes sense :S

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
I don't have one anymore so can't say specifically. I upgraded my HDD.
On boot it should say "Recovery" or "Recovery Mode"?

Sorry I can't be more specific

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just go into my computer/windows explorer, you should have c:\ drive and d:\ drive called recovery.

Audi A3
Cheers for the replies fellas.

Just got "start normally" or "start recovery"

When I choose the recovery option it just loads up a blank blue screen and stays like that. Think I I'll have to buy the discs unfortunately

Clio 3 1.2 TCE
How long have you left the recovery mode to start up for? Sometimes it's painfully slow. I've waited 30+ minutes before to boot into it iirc :/