ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Large 182 Detail - No 56K!

106 GTi
The car turned 2 years old on the 1st of March so decided to put some time into a big clean up off the whole car and give it a real good spring clean.

IMG_5544.jpg

The initial plan was to give it the yearly machine polish, but with the likes of the FCS later this year and the car looking good with the Best of Show wax on I will live with the minor marring it has in places till Easter and give it a going over then ready for the show season - so concentrated of a proper good clean.

After a trip down to Rentech in the rain on Sat the car was not looking it's best so the detail started with a good wash.

WASH Pre foam rinse with the Gilmopur foan gun with Maxi Suds and Shampoo Plus mixture. Two Bucket wash with Swissvax Car Bath and wash mitts, dryed with MF drying towels and a spritz of Meguiars Last Touch Quick Detailer.

EXHAUST

Polished with wire wool and Autosol, followed up by Megs NXT Metal Polish and Autoglym Super Resin. Trims dressed with AG Plastic Conditioner.

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

TRIM

First up a deep clean of all the textured plastics with Einszett Plastic-Vinyl Cleaner and a soft detailing brush. Then dressed using Autoglym Plastic Conditioner. Window seals treated with Swissvax Penu.

IMG_5518.jpg

Badges cleaned up with AG Super Resin Polish

IMG_5520.jpg

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Christ thats like new.

How long did all that take? Especially the underneath.

Top stuff, a great little read too.

106 GTi
Upper grill cleaned with Poorboys Natural Look

IMG_5590.jpg

Lower grill was dressed with Einszett Vinyl as was the front splitter, and the Fog surrounds with Autoglym Gel

IMG_5612.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

ENGINE BAY

Was wiped down with a damp cloth, paintwaork polished with AG Super Resin, Metalwaork polishe with Megs NXT metal polish and all plastics and rubber dressed with with 1Z Vinyl Care.

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

After seeing Watchdog cleaned and WD40'd the bonnet catch

IMG_5588.jpg

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'll drop mine off tomorrow for you to clean.;) I want it looking as good as that.LOL

106 GTi
WHEELS, ARCHES AND TYRES

All cleaned with Meguairs All Purpose cleaner and Meguiars Hyper Wash Shampoo and a variety of brushes. Tyres scubbed with a stronger APC Mix to remove any browning. Rinsed and dryed.

Wheels Protected with Swissvax Autobahn Wheels Sealant

IMG_5553.jpg

Tyres dressed with Blackfire Long lasting Tyre Gel

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

Plastic arch liners treated with Autoglym Plastic Conditioner

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5565.jpg

106 GTi
INTERIOR TRIM AND LEATHER

All plastics, leather and alcantara wiped down with damp microfiber cloths.

Hard plastics and rubber parts dresssed with Poorboys Natural Look gel

IMG_5532.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

All leather bar the sterring wheel rim cleaned with 1Z leather care and conditioned with Zaino Z10

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

Pedals clened with Megs NXT Metal Polish

IMG_5656.jpg

106 GTi
BODYWORK

IMG_5539.jpg

Bodywork was wiped down with Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD after washing. All shuts wiped clean with Megs Last Touch QD

IMG_5602.jpg

Paintwork had a coat of Zymol Concours Wax applied.

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

106 GTi
I'll drop mine off tomorrow for you to clean.;) I want it looking as good as that.LOL

I am off work again tommorrow so yeah drop it round ;)

flipping hell thats clean, cleaner then my dinner table lol

LOL Cheers

Very smart as per usual Rich :)

Why don't you drive it more?

Second car due no where decent to park at work.

Christ thats like new.

How long did all that take? Especially the underneath.

Top stuff, a great little read too.

Few hours today, and a few on Tuesday.

106 GTi
Cheers Mike, Dave said he was worried about touching things in the engine bay on Sat ... He looked at me a bit odd when I said not to bother washing it aswell!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Rich, I need to come and spend a day with you and my wallet in a month or two, the Megane needs a good seeing to. Its a second car as well and I only keep my cars mint, I want it like that.

Rich,

I am stunned, your car and your attention to detail is superb, BUT you are costing me a lot of money with John at C&S ;)

One day I'll let you show me how to clay..........

Again, fantastic job.

Cheers

Maccaa

106 GTi
Cheers

I am glad I am not the only one who may aswell send my wages each month straight to John ;)

I was glad mine did not need claying tbh!

Rich, I need to come and spend a day with you and my wallet in a month or two, the Megane needs a good seeing to. Its a second car as well and I only keep my cars mint, I want it like that.

No probs, may have a unit to work out of soon to make things easier too :)

VRS
exceptional as always rich :)

im still waiting for a nice day to brave my first pc session on the racing blue lol :)

andy

I was about to take the p*ss cos I found some muck on it.... But it was on my monitor!!

;)

But your eye for detail is astonishing mate, theres no doubt!! keep up the good work and good advice.

106 GTi
There are some mucky bits still do to on it so you may do!

Soon be that time of year weather wise Andy :) Easter for me I think

VRS
There are some mucky bits still do to on it so you may do!

Soon be that time of year weather wise Andy :) Easter for me I think

im thinking easter time as well lol

whenever i get my stuff prepared to do it, it starts raining so i will take the hint and wait a bit longer :)

monaco blue 172 ..
does look very clean and probably looks like new cos if you only done 4500 miles in 2 years lol it is new ,,i do that in 2 months lol... dont get me wrong i like my black 172 to be clean but its very hard to keep any black car clean for long if you use it every day ......( im presuming its only done 4500 in 2 yrs from the pic)

monaco blue 172 ..
I would not even consider a Black car as a daily drive!
exactly lol .... but i dont see the point in paying 2 lots of road tax ,insurance fuel costs ,etc etc , ,,although most of us cant afford to pay 2 lots of eveything so dont have much choice ......;)
saying that a mate at work 43 ish ,,,, bought a t plate subaru imprezza from new 26 k i think he paid and thats only got 7000 miles on the clock from new he wants to sell it but knows he wont get what he wants , so now he's gone and bought a 911 as you do .. some people have to much money ....lol ;) :D

M

mini-valver

Stunning! Good guide as i'd never know what to use on plastics, rubber etc.

Da

Less
You have faaaaaaar too much time on your hands Rich ;) but stunning as always, and as above good guide as I wouldn't know what to use on some of the trims/plastics etc.

106 GTi
Using some days off that I could not take last year and that is my excuse!

Glad to hear the trim suggestions may help.

Mini Cooper S sport
Looks amazing, I simply would not have the patience to do all that. I'll wash mine on Sunday if it's not raining - it'll take me an hour at the most lol!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do mine!!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
:) What can I say apart from Stunning !

Keep up the the good work & top advice on all your posts Rich

Nice one

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

Is my wallet gonna get a battering?LOL Already spent alot at C&S this week.;)

You coming along to silverstone on sun then? You know you wanna.;)

106 GTi

Is my wallet gonna get a battering?LOL Already spent alot at C&S this week.;)

You coming along to silverstone on sun then? You know you wanna.;)

You best start saving ;)

Not sure yet may try and pop across

Looks amazing, I simply would not have the patience to do all that. I'll wash mine on Sunday if it's not raining - it'll take me an hour at the most lol!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do mine!!

An hour takes me that do do my wheels ;)

Leave it with me for a few days!

Clio 172 mk2
Looks good

Still think some people have too much time on their hands.....my car is lucky if it sees a wash once a month.