ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Large 182 Detail - No 56K!

Mito Sportiva 135
Looks good Rich, looking forward to seeing it once it has been PCd. Mine is looking poor at the moment as it is stuck in the garage still, and I have also incurred some chips on the lower fender... :(

But, considering it has covered 32k now, looks a minter. And yes, I know I still haven't put any pictures up but there are some on my camera waiting to be uploaded, just lazy!

Rich, where did you order your tyre dressing from, looks really good. At the moment I am using up my Turtle Platinum Series dressing with CG New Look Vinyl Dressing. They do look really good, but if I can cut down to one product can save a bit of time... cheers man.

106 GTi
Not at the moment ;)

Cheers for the comments.

The Blackfire tyre dressing is only avaialble over here from polished bliss.
I very much doubt it will not look any different in the after PCing than what it does now. There is just some minor marring induced from cleaning at shows last year and some deeper random ones from the delaership factory which I will probably leave anyway.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not at the moment ;)

Cheers for the comments.

The Blackfire tyre dressing is only avaialble over here from polished bliss.
I very much doubt it will not look any different in the after PCing than what it does now. There is just some minor marring induced from cleaning at shows last year and some deeper random ones from the delaership factory which I will probably leave anyway.

Cool will pick up some next time I make an order. I WILL get some photos of mine up soon, without getting ahead of myself, I think mine must be a contender for cleanest 172 in the country right now. Although it is sitting in the garage right now, I keep imagining people keying it... there have been a few sleepless nights!;)

106 GTi
Looking forward to the pics.

It is horrible leaving the car somewhere for a period of time.

Mito Sportiva 135
Looking forward to the pics.

It is horrible leaving the car somewhere for a period of time.

Yeh I know... it was due a Spring polish and full works though so am prepared for the worst. As long as they don't wash it!

I have managed to get a 50% discount from Renault as a goodwill discount from Renault towards my exhaust. It is apparently a known problem on 172s (and 182s?) with the exhaust. No way should it corrode after 3 years though. Rubbish French cars!!

106 GTi
Half good news on the exhaust then, mine is looking ropey in places with mainly dry use only!

Mito Sportiva 135
Half good news on the exhaust then, mine is looking ropey in places with mainly dry use only!

Yeh pretty rubbish really. As I said in a previous post, hopefully by the time I want my next car I can afford a new Audi TT 2.0T or either a 130 Sport 3 door or Coupe, or even a Golf GTI. I know the Meg sport is very capable but just doesn't appeal to me like the Clio. I guess once they bring out a hotter 197 that could appeal to me though, the current one just seems to lack drivers appeal at the moment.

Mito Sportiva 135
Golf GTi would be my choice.

Have you seen the new 135 Copue though?! Would probably go for that over the new M3. We have a 130 3 door sport in metallic white at the moment in the press lane and it looks stunning.

GTi in white looks fantastic though, and also cheaper. Would still always go for the roundel though if I can afford it.

BMW have actually brought out a new paint protection system called Seal & Protect, I have never used it myself but would be interesting to see how well it works. Would anyone be interested in trying if I can get some samples? (No promises though!)

106 GTi
Not a big BMW fan and the 1 seris does nothing for me tbh, though the M3's in any guise do have some appeal, the new on looks superb. Drooling over it EVO while eating my lunch earlier.

The Golf is sweet but is top money for a Hot Hatch.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not a big BMW fan and the 1 seris does nothing for me tbh, though the M3's in any guise do have some appeal, the new on looks superb. Drooling over it EVO while eating my lunch earlier.

The Golf is sweet but is top money for a Hot Hatch.

I hate the 5 door 1 Series, even the 130i isn't great looking, but the 3 door and Coupe are stunning things. I am quite surprised you don't like BMW though,we make some great looking cars. 3 Series Coupe... 3 Series Convertible... new 5 Series... 6 Series... new X5, and also a few new ones on the way which are pretty interesting (Porsche beware!) ;)

C

clio172cup20

Amazing mate!
So mint!! Wish I had the knowledge and the patents to do that to mine!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Thats done no miles, and is bloody clean. I wish my hoses etc was clean. The underside is so badly dirty compared to that.

I like the car, would be amazing to sell that, would get a lot of money for it.

Thanks for listing products, im going to get some gel for my tyres now.

D

deadonkey

It's got to be said.

WOW.

If that doesnt inspire people to look after their cars nothing will. I think we'd all love our cars in that condition

ITB BG 182
Fook me Rich, Ive never seen my car this clean. Can i come visit you next friday morning to give my car a once over so u can show me how todo it properly..
IMG_5628.jpg

Not into keeping my car clean. But big respect to the knowledge and effort that goes into keeping a car in that condition. :D

VaVa
Wow. What a f**king minter. That's cleaner than mine has EVER been. Pretty sure it didn't leave the factory that fresh! great work rich!

Some say he eats P21S for breakfast.....

Others say he also has a highly polished chopper....

All we know is.... hes called "The Rich"

:hail:

106 GTi
I have had a few PM's asking for links to where the Products came from:

WHEELS AND TYRES

Cleaned with Megs APC and Megs Myper Wash

Hyper Wash

All Purpose Cleaner

Sealed with Swissvax Autobahn will need polishing before first application of this.

Tyres dressed with Blackfire Gel

Arch liners dressed with Autoglym Bumper Care

TRIM

All Exterior Trim Cleaned with Einszett Plastic Cleaner

Textured trim dressed with Autoglym Bumper Care Gel, Smooth trim with Einszett Vinyl Conditioner, Upper Front Grill with Poorboys Natural Look Gel

EXHAUST

Various metal polishes and Wire Wool

LEATHER

Cleaned with Einszett Leather Care conditioned with Zaino Z10

Interior Plastics with the Poorbous Natural Look.

Cheers

Rich

106 GTi
I washed them with Hyper Wash.

Then used Autoglym Metal Polish applied with the Wire wool, then stepped down to Meguiars NXT Metal Polish applied by a MF Cloth.

RB 182
Looks fantastic as ever Rich, great example of what can actually be done with the knowledge and effort. :approve:

330i. E30 Touring.
Makes me wish i made the effort! Mine wasn't that clean when i picked it up from Renault!