ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laterest purchase, gone Jap!

Jap Box
Got around to cleaning today so heres some latest pics, new badge is on the way and a heat gun to remove the rear ones. Didnt turn out too badly for a quick wash and polish and hoover on the interior. Spoiler will be fitted next week along with some wind deflectors hopefully :)

Before:

DSC00054.jpg

Products used:

DSC00053.jpg
+ another bucket and various cloths.

After:

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

Engine bay (Gave up someway through this, will be tackled another time

DSC00063.jpg

Interior with new mats

DSC00061.jpg

Jap Box

Haha cheers.

Anyone got any tips on how to remove condensation from headlights? Passenger side one has some in there and its yellowing slightly, could just go on ebay and buy a new one as their cheap enough to be honest but if I can sort it for free then thats a bonus :)

Silvatec bulbs also on the way, overlooked this to begin!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So much better!! Well done mate. Looks in really good condition now! :D

If that was miy car, i'd cut the tailpipe off so it doesn't look so hideous, save up for some coilovers and some nice rims and leave it alone.

Will look like quite a nice car then.

Swift Sport
As Dan said, perhaps cut the tailpipe down. Perhaps one of those cheap chrome sleeves too that fasten over the existing tailpipe.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

If that was miy car, i'd cut the tailpipe off so it doesn't look so hideous, save up for some coilovers and some nice rims and leave it alone.

This.

Looks so much better now mate.

Jap Box

It does look like a trip hazard to be honest, might be the hangers have dropped or something, il take a proper look under there soon enough, once its had it then il take it down to longlife and get them to sort something out for it :)

Already got some rims as said before but their not going on till after winter and I get a set of tyres for them, seen apex springs for £80 which would save a lot compared to coilovers so I might just go for them instead.

Thanks for the comments everyone, total of todays work, yet again £0 :D

Jap Box
im not belittling them or anything. im not a fan of them but that doesnt mean you wont enjoy them/ they wont look good on your car :)

Prefer wider spokes myself to be honest, only got them because I can always sell them on for more if something else crops up :)

Ones like these im after, think their £350 in halfords including tyres but im not willing to pay that much to be honest :p

ProRace3MattBlack_medium.jpg

Jap Box
Had this arrive today:

fb76_1.jpg

Will get a pic when fitted, rained all day :(

Just waiting on some new LED sidelights, clear side repeaters, wind deflectors and getting the spoiler fitted.

Turbos.
A faux carbon badge, seriously? Mate, save your money and just enjoy it for what it is - a cheap runaround. Sorry, but i don't think we need a blow-by-blow project thread!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Don't listen to him ^^^!

Put up pics of oil and filter whenever you service it too. Love that.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
You sort of went up hill and back down again :p.

It might look epic on the car but looks chav spec for me, Sorry. Other than that its a nice honest car. Needs some wheels though! Volk TE-37 Get on it!

I know i'm digging up an old thread here lads and lasses but just had this posted over at coltuk so I thought I would offer my opinion :p

Colts are great cars and have alot of potential for tuning if we forget about the standard engines. All fto engines (including V6 mivec) will drop straight in, Evo 4-9 engines drop straight in, lancer GSR 4G93T engines go straight in (my personal choice) and a whole array of others go in with very very little persuasion such as the 2.5 V6 twin turbo from the galants. Standard 1.3 and 1.6 gear boxes will take upwards of 400bhp without eating themselves and the cars are very reliable. Chassis wise most bolt on upgrades for the evo 1-6 or fto bolt straight on such as coilovers and braces and even seats and dashboards can be swapped straight over from the evo. I know most people will think it's pointless putting evo bits on a colt but it is all good fun and makes for something a little different.

My current setup is a 1998 CJ0 with 200bhp 1.8 GSR lump
fto rear suspension arms and roll bar
evo 4 front suspension arms, roll bar and hubs
full evo interior
all round evo 8 brembos
evo 5 enkei 17's until i manage to find some 16's that fit over my brakes

all rebuilt from this:
400339_3069194802651_167648127_n.jpg

to how it currently sits:

182512_4488311159673_1314749444_n.jpg

183704_1778307691280_401228_n.jpg

still needs a respray and sitting on some BC coilovers but she's getting there. The point is you can have fun with any car whether you fitting a bigger engine or changing the windscreen wipers however generally speaking:

French < Jap

:rasp:

S4 Avant
bahahahah!

In all seriousness the germans do make some good cars and they are very solidly engineered from all angles, I just prefer jap because i'm in my 20's and they push my buttons a little more. The reason is simple

BOOOOOOST!

I'm in my 20's and I have boost?

I'm in my 20's and I have boost?

Boost is good! I simply prefer Jap, thats all I'm saying. Others prefer French, or German or maybe even (god-forbid) American cars all for different reasons. Because I am an automotive engineer and do alot of work designing cars I appreciate all cars for for quality or another there are just certain ones I find myself drawn to when the time comes. On the German front my old E46 was one of the best cars I have had but for very different reasons to why I like my colt.

Swift Sport
After years of working in the second hand car market I'm convinced that German cars ARE well built but NOT reliable, so I'd rather have something Japanese and less pretty.

I like the Colt in the pictures above, can't wait to see it finished.

clio 1.2, prelude
to try and help defend the colt cant polish a turd i bought mine for 100 quid lol
kd8nqf.jpg

i love clios but the colt is an all round great car bascially an evo hatch using the same floor plan, all the evo running gear bolts straight on and the engines drop straight in or for a cheaper alternative you can fit the FTO engine in which gives you a nice 197 bhp too play with they really are under estimated :)