ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lauren's Low and slow MIIILOW

A grey one
Sadly.. My mum has laid down the law, I lost my stupid job and she is bailing me out getting it fixed for MOT and she has said when it is through, it's going up for sale.. I have no choice, so, looking for a new car!

Ummm sorry boys! I can't, proper skint and MOT tomorrow.. No way it's gonna pass.. Can't come to Chester unless I get a lift down </3

Superleggera'd MK3
Lol that makes no sense....becos your bound to mod your next car.... So will cost you more in the long run? :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thankyouuuuuu, yeah i put it on the sweetshop stand and abandoned it to sit in a friends car all day, weather was brutal, i got absolutely soaked and my legs were steaming when i got out the car i was that wet! bloody awful. :(

ye mine was parked in clubstand right next to yours, i walked over and asked whos it was but everyone was like duno some girl parked it here then i reckonised it from the forum, was trying to look for you to ask about your rear setup

A grey one
Lol that makes no sense....becos your bound to mod your next car.... So will cost you more in the long run?
I think i have a new job, but she wants me to have a new comfy practical car... I think I'm off to the dark side.. Corsa vxr. Don't hate, want an arctic on candy purple rotas.. be amazing ;)

You cant sell up looked proper sweet in the flesh!!! Get a new job asap!!!!
Haha I have to! She is convinced it's a death trap.. Even though its bloody not! :(

ah sorry man haha, I didn't know anyone on Sweetshop so I didn't talk to anyone haha! Pm me if you wanna know :)

TT QS
How much will it be to repair? I'm abit lost. You've lost your job so you have to sell your car, but will buy a corsa vxr? Surely it's just easier to keep this isn't it?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really struggling to see the logic of going from a 1.2 to a much more expensive and thirsty car in order to save money?!?

Especially as it's being MOT'ed then replaced.

BlackGold 182
doesnt make sense what so ever? sell the car cos you lost your job, then getting a corsa vxr to save money? cost loads more to start with and insurance is going to be more too?

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Thankyouuuuuu, yeah i put it on the sweetshop stand and abandoned it to sit in a friends car all day, weather was brutal, i got absolutely soaked and my legs were steaming when i got out the car i was that wet! bloody awful. :(

Yeahhh it will when i have money, cup spoiler, new front coilovers, new wheels, full respray. Its not even slightly finished!

Why do you need a chassis notch?or new coilovers?mine's still got the helpers in and is a tad lower on the front (it's on 16's though so may not look it)

yeah :(

Yeah but nothing i can do about that until i get my chassis notched and new front coilovers.. which right now, cannot afford!

Why do you need a chassis notch?or new coilovers?mine's still got the helpers in and is a tad lower on the front (it's on 16's though and with major tuck though so may not look it but it's tucking down to about a quarter of the front tyres) and I've got a fair bit of space before i need a notch.

DSC_0026-2_zps67ed221a.jpg
DSC_0028-1_zpsfd95ff87.jpg

BlackGold 182
Good point, my rotas were 15s and at one stage my bumper was 3cm from the floor. It was horrible but it didn't need any chassis notch

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
From your recent pictures, Lauren. Mine looks lower at the front and I've still got a way to go before i'd need a chassis notch (my pepperpots are 15" too). Hard to tell off pictures though I guess.

I agree with everyone else about saving money so buy a Vxr. How would a VXR slammed be safer than a Clio 1.2 anyway? Surely be more of a death trap.

Good point, my rotas were 15s and at one stage my bumper was 3cm from the floor. It was horrible but it didn't need any chassis notch

8573581993_0bbb774354_c.jpg

Mine drives fine tbh, little bit of rubbing in full lock over a bump.

Gonna wind it down a little bit more at weekend too.

Last edited:
  A grey one
My driveshaft hits the chassis occasionally and has started making marks on it, so if I go lower, it'll hit it a lot more.. I don't know why it does it? It just does.. If yours doesn't need notching then umm.. Lucky you.. But my drivers side does:/

and the logic of going to a VXR.. Is right now, I don't have a job, but I start one in a few weeks.. Which means I can get a new car, I want something comfy, faster and nice to drive.. Mine is at the point where I don't enjoy driving it because its uncomfy and slow, it's not my logic it's my mothers.. Obviously I have promised her that ill keep it standard if I got a VXR.... Which.. I would for a while.. but she doesn't need to know that it won't be forever.. And I'm not saying "getting a VXR next week".. I mean like, in a month or so or whatever, it's not definite so all of you hush and stop biting my head off! -.-

A grey one
And! The reason I'm selling my car IS NOT because I lost my job.. I can keep it if I want, it's not like I can't afford to run it or keep it or fix it.. I just want a new car!

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
its a lovely looking car and makes me now want coilovers to lower it even more again mines only a 1.2 so going slow n low isnt a problem

You can afford a new car, but your mum is bailing you/your Clio out for MOT?

Good luck when you leave home.

A grey one
It was due for MOT today.. Didn't pass.. Didn't fail.. Didn't even get onto the pit because it got stuck in the brake rollers in front of it.
seriously give up on this thing..

She's only bailing me out because she wants me to get rid of it.
Lol I don't need life advice, be quiet.

Superleggera'd MK3
Lol feel for you :(. Did u try F1 in lincoln, it is a flat ramp and they seem like decent blokes in there. I couldnt get onto their normal ramps but had loads of room to get onto their mot ramp. Its £35 for mot there i think if you havent got something sorted already :)

A grey one
I think I've found a "friend"... Half 2 tomorrow afternoon.. I'll let you know how it goes,
just so frustrated with the car, I don't know what to do. Wish people would keep their traps shut unless they're gonna be nice or helpful!

Superleggera'd MK3
Haha yeah let me know how it goes! Well i think the car is quality but when its time to move on....its time to move on but.....go jap :)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
The reason behind all your comments saying mine doesn't catch is because the drivers driveshaft pivots on a different position on a 172/182 rather than a non sport or a cup. This is because cups and non sports have single piece driveshafts and all are 182/172 have 2 piece (bolt to block)

Just to clear things up.. Few!

As for a Vxr Lauren :headshake: stay French :) you have a good choice of styling and be good to see you turn a sport or a mk3.

Sadly.. My mum has laid down the law, I lost my stupid job and she is bailing me out getting it fixed for MOT and she has said when it is through, it's going up for sale.. I have no choice, so, looking for a new car!

I think i have a new job, but she wants me to have a new comfy practical car... I think I'm off to the dark side.. Corsa vxr. Don't hate, want an arctic on candy purple rotas.. be amazing ;)

My driveshaft hits the chassis occasionally...

and the logic of going to a VXR.. Is right now, I don't have a job, but I start one in a few weeks.. Which means I can get a new car... Obviously I have promised her that ill keep it standard if I got a VXR.... Which.. I would for a while.. but she doesn't need to know that it won't be forever.. And I'm not saying "getting a VXR next week".. I mean like, in a month or so or whatever, it's not definite

And our survey says; MENTAL.

A grey one
I literally found out I got a new job today but don't start for a few weeks cause of training:)
but aw you made so much effort, cute.
Thanks Cal!! .. When it comes to getting a new car, I'll come ask your advice!
vxr is only a maybe because I drive my best friends all the time and proper fell in love:(
anyway, not yet, better things to worry about, mot!

Out of interest, do you know LBrench? You appear to have the same financial sense. Perhaps you could sell your coilovers to fund your MOT and then buy a new car to put new coilovers on the Clio so it passes next years MOT?

Anyway. Enough busting your balls over your lack of sense. Finish the Clio before you sell it if you can, otherwise you'll always wonder.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols at not being able to get an mot because it's too low.

Honestly I don't even know where to start with that never mind the utterly mental financial situation you're in.

Surely even with female blindness you can see your logic is crazy!

Superleggera'd MK3
If ur insurance isnt too bad you could sell the clio and use it as a deposit (after you pay ur mum back) for a newer car on finance? :) that way it will be easier to manage payments so you get the car you want although u will end up paying back more in the long run.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
my mates got a vxr corsa nurburgring, drove it and i know what you mean i fell in love aswell, he now has it stage 3 about 240bhp 250 torque, we go to car meets together and if he drives normal like me, his fuel is better way better than mine and he can still boost it and not use too much, it is actually more economical car then my 1.2 clio