ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's Clio Replacement

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How are you finding this?

And is is Quattro or is it just the body styling? Couldn't make heads or tails from the op sorry.

The gf has expressed an interest in these, how entertaining is it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
How are you finding this?

And is is Quattro or is it just the body styling? Couldn't make heads or tails from the op sorry.

The gf has expressed an interest in these, how entertaining is it?
It's a 225. But it's a full replica of a QS.

Looks very smart in the metal even after a few hundred miles drive to Germany.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yeah it's great, really enjoying it! It just does everything really well, only negative for me is interior space but that's to be expected with a car of this nature.

This is a 225 Quattro but has the QuattroSport trim, so essentially as you say it's a QS with a full interior which was essential for me with the little one.

I originally wanted a 3.2 V6 but finding a nice one with a manual box proved difficult to find, this one came up and it was far too nice to let it go.

I drove a boggo 225 the other week for the first time and I will admit, it was pretty uninspiring. They really need a remap and some half decent suspension to wake them up.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Well I guess it's about time I updated this.

I've had the TT for just over a year now and still absolutely love it!

Made a few changes over the last year..

I Managed to source some Squared SC1 18x8.5" wheels after searching for months. Perfect fitment for the TT and very rare as they aren't mass produced. I then swapped the tyres to Michelin Pilot SuperSports.

Brakes were replaced with AP Racing discs and Ferodo DS1.11 pads with the Brembo Calipers.

Got myself a Relentless V4 Tubular manifold and some Bosch 550cc injectors, got those fitted along with a few other bits and sent it off for mapping with Bill at Badger5. It made a respectable 303bhp and 296ft.lb so nice and safe for the standard rods.

I then made a few cosmetic changes, had the front end painted and got myself a cherished plate.

Done a fair few track days over the last few months and generally just enjoying the car.

Few photos taken over the last few months.

20658649605_31f3c05e9e_c.jpg
Audi TT by Lawrence Parsons, on Flickr

20471905889_49683ddb11_c.jpg

20471904429_08c08ba069_c.jpg

20470643700_1394151112_c.jpg

20471908719_36283b2ab0_c.jpg

20658645315_2e40856ffc_c.jpg

20036090814_9a59e0d599_c.jpg

20665344191_f9ae61b784_c.jpg

20470648028_6d03814a2b_c.jpg

17008411954_510f53bc36_c.jpg

17443343870_fd7803eae2_c.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks amazing mate. Big fan of the Mk1 TT and you're a tasteful chap so it looks even better.

I saw some abomination on Facebook the other night, 20" wheels and stupid camber. How to ruin a good looking car!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That looks bloody lovely mate, love those rims.

Thanks Tom, hope you're well!

Looks amazing mate. Big fan of the Mk1 TT and you're a tasteful chap so it looks even better.

I saw some abomination on Facebook the other night, 20" wheels and stupid camber. How to ruin a good looking car!

Thanks man, I'm pretty pleased with it all round now.

I actually saw that, there are some hideous ones out there now. Trouble is you can pick up a ropey one for peanuts now.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Thanks chaps, appreciate the comments and not a single scissor related remark!

I'm doing well.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I love Mk1 TTs. The missus doesnt. She is in the "hairdresser" camp, but I think there is something special about them.

Considering chopping in my 330 M-Sport touring in for one

Suzuki Jimny
Like this a lot.

An apprentice in work had what daniel described, 20 inch wheels and scraping the ground everywhere, not ideal.

Just a little project to keep me occupied, no major plans just going to tidy it up a bit and enjoy it.
I don't blame you mate. You can keep the miles off the TT and also have a car to use for when you do some major work on it..:wink:
I've sinned at the moment. Literally sold my soul. The Audi has gone and driving a MK6 Golf GT TDI at the moment. Saving some money, then new house, then new "proper" car..

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Like this a lot.

An apprentice in work had what daniel described, 20 inch wheels and scraping the ground everywhere, not ideal.

So many of them like that out there..

I've gone against the grain as usual and focused on a OEM look with a few touches to make it more focused to drive. Pointless building an inpractical car that you can't even enjoy. Less is more and all that!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I don't blame you mate. You can keep the miles off the TT and also have a car to use for when you do some major work on it..:wink:
I've sinned at the moment. Literally sold my soul. The Audi has gone and driving a MK6 Golf GT TDI at the moment. Saving some money, then new house, then new "proper" car..

Ouch!

I'm sure the pain will be worth it in the long run though.. I need to decide what to do going forward, 3 cars and I don't really have the space for them all lol!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Love this. I've had two Mk1 TT's some how.

Even today the interior is good!

Ouch!

I'm sure the pain will be worth it in the long run though.. I need to decide what to do going forward, 3 cars and I don't really have the space for them all lol!
You know you're to call me if you sell this though, right?