ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's Super Clean Titanium 182 - Progress Thread

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looking good, want to swap :rasp:

Thanks, no chance lol!

Stunning condition mate, needs Renault centre caps to make it look standard though.

I love doing this to my cars I plan to keep, you know everything is as it should be but it don't get much time for this now unfortunately.

Thanks buddy! It's very satisfying and I think the small changes make the car what it is! I'm hoping it's going to be a keeper!

I will consider the trophy caps at some point I'm sure.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
beautiful car and an absolute credit to you. as said by others its the attention to detail that really wins it

altho i'm also with the get some Renault centre caps crew ;)

Renault Clio 172
big plans mate! as always just having a play over the weekend get her nice and clean first i think get rid of the small marks then start playing

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
beautiful car and an absolute credit to you. as said by others its the attention to detail that really wins it

altho i'm also with the get some Renault centre caps crew ;)

Thanks mate, appreciate the comment. I think I may look into these centre caps at some point in the near future. ;)

big plans mate! as always just having a play over the weekend get her nice and clean first i think get rid of the small marks then start playing

Good to hear mate! Hopefully see you about soon, failing that I'm sure we will bump into each other at Leighton's at some point.

That's so clean. I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

Cheers Ash! :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. The only time i'd own a car that clean would be when i'd driven straight out of the showroom.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Lovely. The only time i'd own a car that clean would be when i'd driven straight out of the showroom.

Haha! I had an argument with a guy in the petrol station at the weekend who didn't believe it had covered nearly 70,000 miles lol!

Arctic 182
Really enjoyed reading that mate, meticulous attention to detail, & the results are beautiful. Absolutely stunning car, I'm very jealous!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Really enjoyed reading that mate, meticulous attention to detail, & the results are beautiful. Absolutely stunning car, I'm very jealous!

Thanks buddy, appreciate the comments. It's a labour of love but I wouldn't have it any different. Looking forward to a nice drive at the weekend to put it through its passes at the Black Mountain. Haven't really stretched its legs yet as I don't like taking it out in the wet and the weather has been useless recently.

Arctic 182
Thanks buddy, appreciate the comments. It's a labour of love but I wouldn't have it any different. Looking forward to a nice drive at the weekend to put it through its passes at the Black Mountain. Haven't really stretched its legs yet as I don't like taking it out in the wet and the weather has been useless recently.

I don't blame you at all mate, I don't like taking my non sport out after cleaning on a dry day & it's nowhere near the standard of yours! Enjoy it!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
On Sunday I went along to the Brecon and Black Mountain meet with some of the guys from CS and 197.net. I haven't really had much of a chance to use the car properly so took this opportunity to give it some hell!

The car was faultless and felt tight and well balanced. I'm over joyed with how it performed and I had a brilliant day out!

Couple of shots courtesy of Dan..

10158835096_62eb06ac03_c.jpg

Black Mountain by Lawro1988, on [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Flickr[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
10158922605_ab92dc26b0_c.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/98120659@N04/10158835096/"]Black Mountain[/FONT][/url] by Lawro1988, on Flickr

Last edited:
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
You should have mate, it was a great day out! Going back next Friday if the weather is nice, can't stay away from the place now.

RB 182
Looks spot on mate!

The Black Mountains aren't far from me, I need to get my car up there and have a blast one day.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks spot on mate!

The Black Mountains aren't far from me, I need to get my car up there and have a blast one day.

Cheers Jack, I'm extremely pleased so far. Still lots of bits on the list though!

You should definitely get up there, especially if it's local! :)

looks proper sweet mate

Thanks buddy! Your local so I'm sure you will see it about at some point. Lol

RB Clio 182
The car looks great on the road mate, very smart, i didnt used to like silver but it looks really smart and its now one of my favorites.

RB 182
Cheers Jack, I'm extremely pleased so far. Still lots of bits on the list though!

You should definitely get up there, especially if it's local! :)

I should! I don't know if I'm going to get many more chances with the weather this year now though.

What's next in the pipeline for the car?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
The car looks great on the road mate, very smart, i didnt used to like silver but it looks really smart and its now one of my favorites.

Cheers Tom! It's a lovely colour in the flesh, unflattering in photos admittedly. What's next on the list for yours?

I should! I don't know if I'm going to get many more chances with the weather this year now though.

What's next in the pipeline for the car?

Thats why I'm trying to go again next Friday as it's definitely getting colder now.

Next up is a set of Vibratechnics Engine mounts. I will have those powder coated black I think and I want to replace the bushes on the rear beam with these new Powerflex ones that have been released. Once that's done, I will revisit the brakes after Christmas. I think a set of 2 Piece Hi-Spec 4POT's will be on the cards. Then I will definitely get on to the interior haha!

RB Clio 182
Cheers Tom! It's a lovely colour in the flesh, unflattering in photos admittedly. What's next on the list for yours?

Im saving for baby things atm mate but in time im wanting.. a snappy wheel refurb, my roof lining, A pillars and sun visors re trimmed in alcantara. Wheel spacers, polarized wheel bolts, coloured engine cover bolts and some clips that are missing in the engine bay. I would be happy at that for a while, then maybe more power but tbh its quick enough for what i need.

I have checked the shocks, all bushes and mounts etc and everything looks solid and in perfect condition so i dont want to upgrade them, ive done it on previous cars and it made the cars feels worse tbh, it seemed to vibrate more causing rattles etc.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks spot on mate!

Im saving for baby things atm mate but in time im wanting.. a snappy wheel refurb, my roof lining, A pillars and sun visors re trimmed in alcantara. Wheel spacers, polarized wheel bolts, coloured engine cover bolts and some clips that are missing in the engine bay. I would be happy at that for a while, then maybe more power but tbh its quick enough for what i need.

I have checked the shocks, all bushes and mounts etc and everything looks solid and in perfect condition so i dont want to upgrade them, ive done it on previous cars and it made the cars feels worse tbh, it seemed to vibrate more causing rattles etc.

Baby > Cars

I bet your looking forward to the arrival!

Some nice plans lined up mate, I will keep an eye on your progress.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Update:

I got the car back in my possession today and all is well.

I have a technician coming from Chamelon tomorrow to fit a Tracker. I have gone for the 'Tracker Locate' which seems like a good bit of kit! The guys at Chamelon have been really helpful and the advise has been brilliant!

Hopefully things will get back to normal now, although I will be a lot more cautious with the car, that's for sure.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes! I was extremely lucky and if it wasn't for you guys and the decent members of public I don't think it would have turned out how it did.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh and the rear powerflex bushes are out now.
I have a set. ..:D
The ktec engine mounts now come in black powder coat.
I have them. :D

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Oh and the rear powerflex bushes are out now.
I have a set. ..:D
The ktec engine mounts now come in black powder coat.
I have them. :D

Those two items are my next purchases along with a few more stainless bolts of the engine bay. Looking forward to cracking on with the car again! :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
So glad you got this back only just realised after reading above that it was nicked! You where very lucky :)

Thanks mate, extemely lucky!

Love what you've done with the car. Bet it drives like new!

I always wanted one when they were first released but the insurance would have killed me back then so this is the next best thing. I'm really pleased with it so far, it's a lovely car to drive. :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Did I miss something? When did it get stolen!!? Glad you've got it back anyway.

Where have you been mate? Lol!

Unfortunately so, thankfully it was recovered with no damage and having not been driven on Sunday afternoon. I was extremely lucky and if it wasn't for the help of the guys on here and the general public I probably wouldn't have got it back.

awseome work sir!

Thanks mate! :)