ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laxy - ITB' White 172

Black Gold Trophy
looks very nice mate, only thing I would say is why didn't you paint behind the bulkhead?

Can see a nice series 1 rs turbo in some of the pics aswell!

Clio 220 lpg
Just to let you know, your oil is not getting back to the sump fast enough. We had to open all the oil way's back to the sump and put an extra 1/2ltr of oil in to halt the problem, among aload of other tricks to stop these engine's blowing up in the rigers of rallying.

182 trackday racer
Hi there!

Any idea if the Willwood brakes will fit under standard RS Ph1 15" wheels?

Also wonder how the new calipers affect brake balance and ABS? Maybe you have ABS delete and adjustable balance?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Looking good laxy,

now a dci steering rack? why's that, if you have removed the PAS then wouldnt the rack you still had do the job for the time beeing..

if you ever try and turn a power steering rack without a pump you'll no why lol

god speed, dont have abs, fully braided hoses in the car with brake bias valve next to gear stick.

i think its because you are having to force hydraulic fluid through a cylinder, this is normally done by the pump when you turn your steering, giving the lighter feel

where as a manual rack doesnt have this on

thats what i presume anyway

On the Mk1s we take a Williams PAS Rack (2.odd Turns Lock-to-Lock), strip the pipework off, pack it with grease and seal it up. Feels like a normal manual rack, no difference really.

Only reason we do this is because the actual manual racks you can get (off the low spec models) are nearly 5 turns lock-to-lock, which is far from ideal. I looked into fitting a Mk2 rack onto the Mk1 subframe, but its just a bit too much work for what I can be bothered with!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Stunning!! This is exactly what I wanted to do (inc. the white respray). Just didn't have anywhere near the cash needed. Looks awesome though... great work fella.

this is how far i got when me and conlon realised the box was wrong lol

on the look out for a box with a speed sensor in now :)

31012010682.jpg

clio 200 F4Rt
Good to see my old shell went to such a good home!

Done an amazing job on it so far!

And i can vouch for the shoddy interior paintwork.... best i could do with rattle cans tho!! haha

as promised. a little update.

got the engine and box in, all wired up, just need to put all the fluids in and once i get the new fixings for the race fan to the rad i can put that in and connect all the hoses up. may wait tho and get some black samco's.

couple of pics...

07032010694.jpg

23032010707.jpg

11032010695.jpg

also picked a seat up of chrispy and got that fitted. my saftey devices harness is getting sent out on monday

23032010711.jpg

23032010712.jpg

the new rad

23032010705.jpg

and a couple more shims for the rear

19022010686.jpg

really busy year for me, april to the 'ring and june 5 nights in ibiza for my bro's stag do, so the car taking a bit of a back seat, come back on the friday before french car show so hoping to bring it there. see how rough i am lol.

so mapping to be done my TDF and back to powerstation to get suspension set back up a little more hardcore.

cheers!

cheers ladds.

ive got a yozza race exhaust. not sure if i like it tho! see what power it makes, i like the look of the omp inox!

got these shims off ebay!