ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laxy - ITB' White 172

clio 182
lateral G's forcing the oil to one side of the sump so then the oil pump is starved which isnt a good thing. Only happens on race tracks though and only if you car handles well

RB 182
My car is with EJM preparation at the momment having a quaiffe LSD fitted, my car suffered from oil surge on track because i'm using R888's so they are fitting me a baffled sump. Its not a common mod to do and people dont think about it until its too late. Give them a ring

Saw you car last week when mine was having its cam belt and service...

EJM are a top place and get my vote :)

clio 182
yeah edward is a top bloke and knows his stuff. My car was also getting a lightened fly wheel and uprated clutch and polybush all round and he did my big end that had gone due to the oil surge. Had ARP conrod bolts put in while it was all out to. Should be sweet when i pick it up tomorrow. I also got him to do my aero catches on CF bonnet cuz they are a proper pain to fit!!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
lateral G's forcing the oil to one side of the sump so then the oil pump is starved which isnt a good thing. Only happens on race tracks though and only if you car handles well

It could happen on the road depending on the corner and you don't have to have a super handling car either lol. "That" corner at mallory (Gerard's I think?) is well known for oil starvation!

clio 182
yeah i'm from coventry so have been mallory a few times so i know what you mean. that massive left in the infield at rockingham does the same. Had the warning light just flicker on around there. More people should be warned of this problem, one of the guys off redline magazine had his nissan sunny GTIR go pop on him at trax this year cuz of this. The guy lives and breathes cars and should of had this done if you ask me, i'm only just learning about this stuff. Flippin love Gerards incidently, races are definately won due to commitment into it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i'm from coventry so have been mallory a few times so i know what you mean. that massive left in the infield at rockingham does the same. Had the warning light just flicker on around there. More people should be warned of this problem, one of the guys off redline magazine had his nissan sunny GTIR go pop on him at trax this year cuz of this. The guy lives and breathes cars and should of had this done if you ask me, i'm only just learning about this stuff. Flippin love Gerards incidently, races are definately won due to commitment into it.

but its his car and i am sure he knows what is best, especially if he has a automotive engineer degree...perhaps the money is / has gone elsewhere...

laxy - very jealous, this is an awesome project, would love to have started with the shell you did, i had only just had a caged cage built then saw yours and was very envious, and your ecu is beautiful, am properly getting into my pretty wiring...lol

hope to see this at some point in the new year, or at a P-O-T event

ph - cheers mate, you will do ;)

cheers leeroy.

markok - cheers mate, will give them a ring and get them to do it. cheers for the heads up!!

Lionel Richie
My car is with EJM preparation at the momment having a quaiffe LSD fitted, my car suffered from oil surge on track because i'm using R888's so they are fitting me a baffled sump. Its not a common mod to do and people dont think about it until its too late. Give them a ring

sorry to chuck this in, but the cup racers never had an issue with it, they ran road car sumps with slicks

in 7years i've never had a problem with surge on an F4R either!

clio 182
My oil wasnt low i always check it before track days. Apparently according to edward at EJM he reckons its rockingham that does it because its a backwards track. He had run his clio race car without a baffled sump until he started to do rockingham and then he started getting oil surge. The pump is on the left hand side i believe so thats usually okay on normal tracks cuz theres lots of rights but rockingham is alot of big lefts and its on those that i got a a warning light flash up. Makes sense to me.

172 Race Car
Didnt hav a problem with Mallory but Gerrards goes the oposite way to the turn at Rockingham. I did get really bad fuel starvation at mallory, something I didnt get at Rockingham.

bit of an update.

bought an engine of andy rg. bens old engine. managed to get my powdercoated parts on. just need to find a box now then i can drop it in!

16012010673.jpg

few updates to come over the next few weeks.

Mark

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ooooo very nice. Will this have the ITB's on?

What power was this one running?

Oh and whats the engine had done to it?

:)

yeah, i had boddies on my engine, so just a matter of putting them onto this one. was r.r at 240! once its in, ill have it remapped and see what we get.

spec of engine can be found here.

Full engine rebuild
Jenvey 48s parallels
Jenvey ported manifold
Jenvey 120mm trumpets
Jenvey FRP air box base plate
Jenvey alloy fuel rail
PiperX 600 100mm filter
Peco 43 injectors
Weber fuel pressure regulator
CAT CAM 422's (vanos cam)
CAT CAM PAC springs
Fully Ported Head
Full head rebuild with new steam seals, guides, inlet valves
Wossner 12:8 High compression pistons
Total Seal ring sets (gapped by headshop)
Lightened and balanced crank
Lightened Flywheel and balanced clutch cover
Weight matched rods
ARP 2000 studs (big end)
ACL race big end bearings
Glyco mains bearings
Glyco thrust bearings
New bottom end gasket kit (inc crank seals etc)
New crank pulley bolt
New water pump
New MLS Head gasket
New Head bolts
New thermostat
New oil pump
Full strip down and clean up
Block decked and head skimmed to bring clearance up
Block honed
Renault Cam belt kit with pulleys
Renault Aux belt kit
Cup AUX brackets
Cup alternator

TrackCar & F30 330d
wow, about 500 quids worth of work done then ;) lol

Well i bet its gona fly when its all back in and running.

When's it going out on track again?

got subframe and bottom arms at powder coaters now, need to get some hubs then drop them off.

got my non power steering rack been sent out tomorrow, should have that fitted up and hopefully now picking a box up next weekend so by this time next week all i will need is a remap and a seat then i can play

this thread rules!!! love you car mate

so thats how u have the money for this, keeping your fone for centrys :rasp:

interior023.jpg

hahahahahah my phone was in for repair and they wouldnt give me another one, so i needed one for work (heating enginner) and thats all i could get a hold of!

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Lovin this project, im planning to build my road car to full track spec n ive got loads of ideas from this thread. White looks amazing, such a pity they never made 1! but hey if you cant buy it then lets go build it!!:D

little update.

got an alternator set up on the clio that doesnt use powersteering, so had to change the rack, gone from this

21012010679.jpg

to this clio dci rack

21012010678.jpg

had to swap the track rods, and track rod ends, as the 172 ones are slightly longer. but much lighter and only just over 2 turns from lock to lock. much happier.

built the suspension back up last night! archs are so much better now there white

ignore the disks, they just need a little heavy braking!!

26012010680.jpg

Many thanks mark

DCi 100
Car is tidy as! Really really like the whole white cage etc.

How much work involved in getting the dash in/out?