ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Learner Driver Insurance

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Just a quick question that im hopin people can clarify for me. One of my mates manages to drive around everynight in her Ford KA with her mates, However she has not passed her test. She drives round with her L plates in her footwell and is insured as a learner driver. Am i right in thinkin that she is still breaking the law??

As far as i am aware if you dont have a full licence then you are not supposed to be on the road without an instructor or someone whos over 21 an been driving more than 3 years, correct??? because none of her "mates" are.

So her insurance isnt valid is it?? Hope someone can give me an answer. Cheers

Your correct, unless she is showing "L" plates, has someone over the age of 21 and have been driving 3 years with them, then they are breaking the law.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Your correct, unless she is showing "L" plates, has someone over the age of 21 and have been driving 3 years with them, then they are breaking the law.

Cheers, thats what i thought. So whats the punishment shed be facing for getting caught??

clio 182 + cup packs
she would get prosecuted for driving with out a license and no insurance cos thats how it stands i would of thought

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Ye thats what i thought, fair enuff shes got insurance but thats as a learner driver and shes only got a provisional so surely she would be prosecuted for not having any one eligible to teach her in the car. Its a joke. she been doing it everynight for the past few weeks and not bin caught once. she dus like 60, 70 miles a night and has never been stopped! i got a fukin 30 quid fine for havin me foggys on an she gets away with that, is that fair???

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol i am mate i just think its a bit of a joke like. Ahh well i hope she gets pulled over soon which she probs will do cause shes got a headlight out an found out, Cheers for all the answers folks.

Karma mate. She'll get to cocky and do something silly that draws the attention of the fuzz. If she's driving a Ka with 5 young people in I'm sure its just a matter of time before she gets busted. Front light out and she's asking for it. Or she'll stack it and the s**t will hit the fan. You watch how sorry she'll be if that happens. Guaranteed waterworks. Just make sure your not in the car at the time.

She'll be looking at 6 points min iirc.

Oh, and this is why your all paying cack loads to insure your cars pre 25.

bint!