ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Learning something new about your Clio

VW Potato

How cool is it when youve had a car for a few years and one day, by accident, you learn something new about it? It gives the relationship a bit more fizz! Yesterday I learnt that when playing a CD, if you flick both of the steering volume controls towards you, itll pause the CD - flick again, and the CD plays. Brilliant!

Have you learnt anything new about your Clio of late?

g

Black 182 + Recaros

I knew about that one. Nice feature.

How about pressing and holding the i button to turn the News bulletins on or off ( as opposed to just pressing it once to turn the traffic news on/off ).

7.6cc :D

I found out that your air con doesnt work when your engine is switched off :oops:

I found out that I owned a 172 about a month after i bought it after reading this site. :oops:

I found out that I had a CD changer under the seat also about a month after i bought the car. :oops:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I found something weird by pressing number 1 and 3 on the standard headunit in a 172 at the same time.

My original hand book was in Dutch so you can imagine all the surprises when I finally got an English copy!!:eek:

133/225/CLS AMG

There are some really nice touches on the Clio 172/182 Ive been impressed with all the gadgets and things.

One thing Ive never got working is the cruise control!!! Ive looked in the manual and couldnt actually find the button they were talking about. Do all Mk2 172s have cruise control or am I being seriously stooooopid :confused:

its next to the dash light brightness adjuster to the right hand side of the steering wheel if you have one, next to the esp button.

133/225/CLS AMG

Oooh bollox I dont have the button on the steering wheel!!

Not much of a shame coz dont ever go on the motorway which is the only time I could use it anyway.

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 07 December 2004

I found out that your air con doesnt work when your engine is switched off :oops:

I found out that I owned a 172 about a month after i bought it after reading this site. :oops:

I found out that I had a CD changer under the seat also about a month after i bought the car. :oops:

PLEASE be joking?

Black 182 + Recaros

" PLEASE be joking? "..

I was thinking the same. JillyB - Were you surprised when you found the engine under the bonnet ;).

Only just found out (and Ive owned the car over 2yrs) it has a part in the sun visor you cn put your documents/ money in.

not a clio anymore

are you by any chance blonde

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by clio510 on 07 December 2004

are you by any chance blonde
In my defence:

No-where does it say 172 in the car/on the car/in the manual (its an import) as far as I was aware i was buying a 2 litre RenaultSport Clio and the salesman also called it that.

The CD changer was not pointed out to me by the salesman, as i bought it second hand and he just wanted me out the showroom, plus I never read instruction books, therefore I just happened upon it one day.

As for the air con, well yeah i am blonde :oops: BUT everything else works with just the ignition on, not the engine (windows, radio, lights etc) i just presumed the air con would too.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by andrew_172 on 07 December 2004

Or bits missing..
Should an 03 172 MkII Cup have a plastic cover over the cylinder heads?
No mate - weight saving again.

I only just found out its a 2.0 litre.
I only bought it because all the exterior bits were the same colour as the rest of it.
Does this mean it will go a bit quicker than the other clios i see around? :eek:

Im not the only one then :oops: