ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leather cleaner and restoration.

www.renparts.co.uk
Looking for some advice, just bought a Range rover (p38), has nice creamy beige interior which overall is in good condition but a little grubby. Looking to see if anyone recommends a cleaner and then a care product (prefer them to be separate). Also drivers seat has some wear on the edge of the bolster wondered if anyone could recommend a dye for it, plenty on ebay and sellers seems to have excellent feedback, just wondered what was best.
thanks for any replies.

106 GTi
I tend to use the Autoglym Leather Cleaner or a weak mixture of Megs APC to clean and then Einszett Leather Care.

I have tried the Autogylm Black Dye but not any light coloured ones.

Mito Sportiva 135
Gliptone Cleaner and Conditioner for me, works brilliantly, easy to use and leaves a lovely leather scent. Reminds me of my time as a cowboy.

www.renparts.co.uk
Brilliant guys, im guessing i need to dye the bits that need doing before the treatment as i suppose most of these will act as a barrier, not allowing the dye to adhere to the surface?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Gliptone Cleaner and Conditioner for me, works brilliantly, easy to use and leaves a lovely leather scent. Reminds me of my time as a cowboy.

an spk's sense! Although on the reno, the leather is so poor you could get away with using cheaper stuff!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I used the Zymol leather cleaner on mine on Saturday, brought it up a treat and has a nice smell to it, gives the car a nice fragrence, then i used the AG leather conditioner which really brought the leather up well. Id highly recommend both, all available from Halfords.

Mito Sportiva 135

an spk's sense! Although on the reno, the leather is so poor you could get away with using cheaper stuff!

Yes the Renault leather is like the stuff they use to make those fake Armani handbags...It contains about as much cow as a vegiburger I imagine.