ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Dashlight Conversion

Blue LED's or White LED's?

• Blue

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • White

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  MK2 Clio | Extreme
So today I took apart my entire dash, which was a pain. After getting it completely off to replace with new LED bulbs I bought online I came to realise I bought the completely wrong ones, and I also need to solder them in. I was just wondering what the best bulbs are to buy and where to get them? As they're not the regular LED Dash bulbs?

Attachments

• IMG_3113.JPG
    IMG_3113.JPG
    543.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3114.JPG
    IMG_3114.JPG
    447 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    563.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 100
  200 RS 2010
It has Megane 2 on their website for £99 which looks like the same layout as a Clio mk3. I'm assuming that's them doing it for you. Can't see an address anywhere though? I'd do it at that price too. Any idea what their works like?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how do the lettering/numbers work on the milage and other displays when you change teh back drop? If i wanted it to be green with black lettering, will i only have to change the backdrop leds?
Like this

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
@loggyboy
That looks spot on! Just needs the black trim now :smile:
View attachment 1346160
What type of led are they? I want to do the whole car now, are all the window switches and various all the same type?
It varies.
For the 182, the Dash is 10x 3528 style, and about 12-16 (IIRC) for the climate controls, but varies if you want to change colours for whats turned on (will upload a picture of mine as I use a mix of white red and blue.) The climate and speedo digital gauges have an orange filter, but a blade soon scrapes this off, and using white leds creates a cool blue tint thru the lcd. The central locking, electric windows etc all use small legged Leds. The central clock/ratio display uses regular bulbs which are harder to get decent change to as they use an orange filter to get the standard colour, replacing with LEDs can make it look crap as they are too directional. I dont have that display anymore (installed a phone for datalogging there instead).