ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Legal help ebay gone bad

muz

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  big fat japanese bus
I bought a hardtop for the MR2 off of ebay which was described as excellent condition with all fixtures and fittings costing £650 inc postage

It arrived damaged and missing the lining
tried to claim through pay pal who want me to return the top (costing £100) and they will refund me $200!!!!!

Has anyone here gone legal over a eBay purchase?

I know the guys name and address in London if anyone lives locally and fancies doing me a wee favour ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
muz said:
I bought a hardtop for the MR2 off of ebay which was described as excellent condition with all fixtures and fittings costing £650 inc postage

tried to claim through pay pal who want me to return the top (costing £100) and they will refund me $200!!!!!

I know the guys name and address in London if anyone lives locally and fancies doing me a wee favour ;)

Yep !!! I will tell you exactly how to deal with this.

Mail the seller via the Paypal complaint link, Head your mail "WITHOUT PREJUDICE"
Tell him exactly why you are rejecting the goods, use the words "NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE SOLD" and give him 14 days to arrange recovery of his goods at his expense at a time convienent to you..
Then....

1. If your paypal account is supported by your credit card......charge it back on your card. (call your Bank they will send you a form)
2. If your paypal account is charged straight to your bank account or you have used accumulated funds from sales.

Contact these people
Financial Ombudsman Service
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

Tell them you have been stitched up by Paypal..

They have a guy whos job it is to deal with dodgy paypal deals. I cant remember his name but he is brilliant. Tell him the story and he will give you a reference number.
He will contact paypal and as soon as he does, the clock is ticking for them. They have 4 weeks to deal with your complaint and refund you (they are s----t scared of these people because they have the power to withdraw their credit licence in Europe.)

You will get some waffle about them being right and you being wrong and this is a once only without precedence or prejudice good will jesture, valued customer blah blah blah b****cks. etc ..and a full refund.

It worked for me twice, and the beauty is, they cant shut your account or cause you any other problems or they are commiting another offence which can end up with the FOS prosecuting them under a differnt part of the act.

I LOVE IT......PAYPAL STUFFED IS GOOD GRUB....thieving b******s.

Let me know how you get on:cool:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i tried getting my credit card company to refund me for an ebay / paypal purchase, and they refused saying that paypal isn't a company, or a bank or something like that, and their is nothing then can do. thats why i hate paypal. they suck.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
alexbleubolt said:
i tried getting my credit card company to refund me for an ebay / paypal purchase, and they refused saying that paypal isn't a company, or a bank or something like that, and their is nothing then can do. thats why i hate paypal. they suck.

Sorry but thats B------s, what they were actually saying was "We cant be bothered because you are just a customer" Consumer credit act says they must look after the interests of their customers where there has been problems with a transaction. Are you sure it was a CREDIT card, as the rules dont apply to Debit cards.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BrianR said:

Mail the seller via the Paypal complaint link, Head your mail "WITHOUT PREJUDICE"
Tell him exactly why you are rejecting the goods, use the words "NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE SOLD" and give him 14 days to arrange recovery of his goods at his expense at a time convienent to you..
Then....

1. If your paypal account is supported by your credit card......charge it back on your card. (call your Bank they will send you a form)
2. If your paypal account is charged straight to your bank account or you have used accumulated funds from sales.

Contact these people
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

They have a guy whos job it is to deal with dodgy paypal deals. I cant remember his name but he is brilliant. Tell him the story and he will give you a reference number.
He will contact paypal and as soon as he does, the clock is ticking for them. They have 4 weeks to deal with your complaint and refund you (they are s----t scared of these people because they have the power to withdraw their credit licence in Europe.)

You will get some waffle about them being right and you being wrong and this is a once only without precedence or prejudice good will jesture, valued customer blah blah blah b****cks. etc ..and a full refund.

It worked for me twice, and the beauty is, they cant shut your account or cause you any other problems or they are commiting another offence which can end up with the FOS prosecuting them under a differnt part of the act.

Top post!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182... again!
BrianR said:

Then....

Contact these people
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

Top post!!

Agreed...should be stickied!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Focus RS, 182 gone
muz said:

Then....

Contact these people
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

Top man

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Lots of Alfas
muz said:

Then....

Contact these people
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

Thats some of the best advice Ive read on this forum. :approve:

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  340i
muz said:

Then....

Contact these people
PO Box 4
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

I am gonna be trying this, as ive been done over on ebay, brought a laptop for £730.. sent the money now after 8 e-mails and no reply for 2weeks i am getting real pissed off!

Started a dispute through paypal but if i dont get a reply from the seller in 10days i only get $200 refund?