ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leon Cupra this weekend, 182 next weekend

test driving Leon Cupra TDi this weekend (if going for Cupra aint decided on TDi or 1.8 20V T but all dealer has is TDi) and Clio 182 next weekend!

Looking forward to testing both, especially the Cupra TDi from 40 - 70 and 50 - 80 as Im getting mixed reports. Dont expect the 182 to be slow at any point in the speed range ;)

After that itll be a case of picking one! Might go for brand new if I choose Clio due to it costing less than the Cupra. If choosing Cupra would be looking for one up to a year old.

Dave

not a clio anymore

id say get the cupra 225 bhp

as mutch as i like clios it would have to be the cupra everytime

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 10 September 2004

go for the 182!...i just love the 5k kick it gives and smile everytime i drive it.

Pukka!
50% of me wants to go for a small hatch (currently drive old XR2i) but the other 50% of me quite fancies moving up a car size to medium hatch. Hired a car to drive down to Blackpool recently (Im in Fife - Scotland) and got one of the new Astras. Enjoyed having that bit more space inside.

One thing that does concern me regarding Clio is the build quality. I can accept it not being brilliant, but some folk seem to be saying its rubbish (even owners!) Test driving a car doesnt really let you know what itll be like to live with .... is the build of it really that bad?
Clio510, its the basic Cupra Im looking at tbh, 1.8 20V T petrol or 1.9 TDi. Cupra R is the dogs but the ordinary Cupra would more than meet my needs I reckon!

[Edited by Rev It on 10 September 2004 at 8:21pm]

Bear in mind that you only ever hear about peoples problems on most car forums - including on the Seat ones! My 182 has faultless to date (5k miles), and I had more probs with my last 2 Hondas!

Cupras are nice cars - test drove a Cupra R a while ago and would have got it if I could of afforded £18k! - bear in mind they change the shape early next year and residuals are crappy (like Renaults!) so a nearly-new one might be a bargain!

Personally I ould go with a nearly new UK 182 for approx £11k - although a Civic Type-R could be an option as they are massive inside?

Matt

If you have any kids then Id get the Leon if not or have only very young kids get the 182.

I like the Leon but its a bit of a family car IMO nothing wrong with that but if you dont need a car that big then Id go for something sporty.

thanks Matt and edde. no kids but for some reason feel like I might fancy a move up size wise this time round ... might change my mind once Ive driven the 182!

thought about the CTR (it was my original choice - nothing else was in the picture tbh) but Ive gone off it now, especially as engine has to be worked pretty hard to get most out of it.

wouldnt be going for the Cupra R if I go down that route, would be the standard Cupra. not intending to buy new, maybe one up to a year old. If I was thinking about a brand new 182 with spoiler pack from main dealer, what (realistic) figure should I try to haggle them down to (no trade in) ?

[Edited by Rev It on 11 September 2004 at 12:15am]

Skoda Fabia vRS

if your after a Seat, get yourself to your nearest Motorpoint, the one in Burnley has a shed load of em

the odd 182 aswell (probably a lot more 182s at other Motorpoints)

Quote: Originally posted by Rev It on 11 September 2004

If I was thinking about a brand new 182 with spoiler pack from main dealer, what (realistic) figure should I try to haggle them down to (no trade in) ?
£13.5k for anew one Id say.

Best do a search though this is always comming up imports (although the cannot have the cup suspension) are quite cheap but you need to add an alarm but or £11.5k I think from Motorpoint there excellent value. Plus stick some upated springs and handling willbe as good if not better than cup version cars.

There is a 182 Cup coming soon though so if you want some more money of Id wait for them they will not have climate and a few other bits, a topic was posted a while ago on it.

yup £13k is a good target for a new one with Cup options from a dealer - as I mentioned there are some nearly new UK ones coming up too for around £11k.

Matt

Leon isnt as good as youd expect, in the carrying a load of sh*t dept. My mate struggled with his when him and his misses took their daughter anywhere more than a weekend away.