ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Let's play guess the repair bill

Audi TT 225
Well finally bit the bullet and decided to get my Gearbox Recon (full recon) done :dapprove: Was making a orrible sound and was about to "bite the dust". Decided to throw a brand new clutch in there for good measure while it was out (it'a done 80k). :cool:. While it's at the garage it's also getting new rear disks (as they were next to shot) and front OS wheel bearing which had started to whine a little.

It was indeed a poorly car :dead:. When it returns it's got some 16" Ultraleggera's with new rubber waiting for it (assuming i've bought the right wheels) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180424726638&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT lol.

So, without the wheels and rubber, what you rekkon it's gonna set me back (i have a good idea ofc, but not the final bill yet!)

PS: Forgot to mention, new lower gb mount, and a few other small bits and pieces like that waiting for K-Tec to get the uprated ones in for the uppers.

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Don't forget labour ;) i'm too lazy and don't have the right tools for this big a job, ok, i could have done the disks but it was already at the garage ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Gearbox recon £475+vat
Clutch kit + fitting gearbox £400+vat
Discs fitted £150+vat
Other stuff £100+vat
Total £1125+vat

Last edited:
  Audi TT 225
Gearbox rebuild - £385
Clutch - £117.86
Misc Bolts/Nuts/Washers/GBOil/TieRod - £20.10 (have a breakdown but that is the total)
Engine Mount - £34.70
Gear Selctor - £36.73
Rear Disks - £99.75
Rear Pads - £24.49
Labour 9.5 hours @ £40 - £380

£1098.63
- 6% Discount
£1032.71

+Vat of course, but i'll get that back through dad's business ;)

Hopefully someone will find the breakdown handy if they are after prices sometime. Have driven it home and seems to be all good, it's like a new car! (slight rattle at 3.5-4k, sounds like the heatshield or something similar to me but it's dark now so i'll have a gander tomorrow). I did have cheaper quotes (slightly) but i'd rather pay for a job where i know who is doing it, and is doing it properly. The previous garage left it in a right state and managed to put on brake pads upsidedown!

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheap rebuild best I was quoted was £475+vat. My box had a metallic grating sound at high revs which turned out to be the metal bracket the gearbox mount bolts to being snapped in half.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Well finally bit the bullet and decided to get my Gearbox Recon (full recon) done :dapprove: Was making a orrible sound and was about to "bite the dust". Decided to throw a brand new clutch in there for good measure while it was out (it'a done 80k). :cool:. While it's at the garage it's also getting new rear disks (as they were next to shot) and front OS wheel bearing which had started to whine a little.

It was indeed a poorly car :dead:. When it returns it's got some 16" Ultraleggera's with new rubber waiting for it (assuming i've bought the right wheels) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180424726638&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT lol.

So, without the wheels and rubber, what you rekkon it's gonna set me back (i have a good idea ofc, but not the final bill yet!)

PS: Forgot to mention, new lower gb mount, and a few other small bits and pieces like that waiting for K-Tec to get the uprated ones in for the uppers.

whos doin the gearbox?