ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightened Flywheel...

ZX6R B1H
Just hunting for the boys or girls who run these. I had a TTV flywheel on my track xsara VTS xu10j4rs engine *306 gti6/rallye engine* It made such a difference and i loved it.

With the Clio being a totally different engine, I was wondering how these work/feel/go on the F4R's. On most sites you can work out whats hot and not but these rarely pop up i'm blameing the love for turnins, CTR ariels etc.

Any Gen cheers boyos.

I've had a search but i cant seem to find many posts on the actual driveability etc.

The cars a phs1 172 used mainly onroad some light track work, B roads etc.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i tried to look into it too when my car was off the road in winter but again no one seemed to use them so looks like you might be the guinny pig!

as you probably know they have their pros and cons and if its fast road/light track work then you'll be fine as long as you dont go too light!

when i had some time searching about it on here the general feeling from quite a few people was the standard ones are prone to cracking if they are lightened

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont know if they are the same but i just nailed one on the dci on a hard launch, still waiting on it getting towed to mine by my mate so i can get it apart and see the damage

ZX6R B1H
The TTV are billet replacements jord so that wont happen, hopefully. Oh and as per MSN I'll be buying a TTV billet jobby lol.

VaVa
A good idea if you're having other work done and have engine out etc, but a lot of work for little gain on it's own imho.

Alright if you can fit it yourself mind.

i was told that as they weigh 5.3kg already, they are light as it is. And my guy in stockport would only take another 1kg off due to strength issues.

I had a 3kg one on my punto and it was rediculous, only benefit was i had nearly 220 ftlb, couldnt imagine what one would be like on a car with 150 ftlb

:)