ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight 182 track/road car (Page 6+)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Re: 182 track weapon attempt

Liking the wheels, would look great in 15".

Not a fan of the JMS inspired 'graphics package'. Personally I'd imagine it'd look hugely pretentious. :dapprove:

M3, Cup racer'd 182

im toying with saving up for a clio cup car suspension but not sure if it would be worth the extra money over say set of cheaper bilstein's , have you actually tracked the car yet ? how does the suspension feel , really need to go out in a clio with the cup suspension really to make my mind up for sure!!

No have't yet tracked it but had a short blast on the road around here its very firm no movement at all but then i wont know until its on the track or had a proper drive off it and can't yet no (tax/insurance/mot)

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Look sweet man the door cards ok for yer ??

yes mate rear door cards was awesome cheers, didn't need them after thou as i fitted the fronts and come across the rear's taped to the inside of the box (always thought he didn't post them lol) but sold them on now anyway

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Look sweet man the door cards ok for yer ??

yes mate rear door cards was awesome cheers, didn't need them after thou as i fitted the fronts and come across the rear's taped to the inside of the box (always thought he didn't post them lol) but sold them on now anyway

M3, Cup racer'd 182

After a long hard think about how my car is going to look after I've had it sprayed i've changed my mind about the strips and gone something totally different and crazy so here you go a quick photoshop pic done by my mate.
This is not a perfect finish as I'll be changing a few bits an pieces but it's a good idea how it would look so this is now my plans
724400f8.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Sorry bloody double post grrr

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d

Ken block decals look wicked. 100% get them done if they can look that good!

Much much better than the old ones

M3, Cup racer'd 182

A quick update after coming up with the idea off getting a full stainless steel system Inc manifold i decided to sell my original. And wait till I get all the funds and take it to longlife, but a mate told me of another friend of his that bought sh*t hot stuff and he might have something there so me and him had a trip to this guys place. Hey presto after half hour chatting and looking through his garage he had a custom stainless manifold that he never fitted and was collecting dust in his garage :).
He said he had it custom made but he couldn't remember the name oh well I was pleased so manage to pick it up for a reasonable price.

Here is the pics
799dc577.gif

eac5370e.gif

Pics fitted
6aa0c5f3.gif

b3ab0a68.gif

Along with the manifold I had a delivery of 80 rubber lined stainless steel p-clips assorted sizes and split 16mm conduit, so Thursday i finished the day with tidyed wires, will get pics up tomorrow.

i think your mate is telling you fibs max custom made :eek: , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arParts_SM&hash=item51993bb9ce#ht_1031wt_1130 , looks like a xs power manifold to me !! the welds crack on them after a few 1000 miles well they do on turbo car's but turbo cars get a lot hotter , it also looks like they have just copied a 182 manifold , thought this was why no one made manifolds for the clio 182 as they couldn't improve on them as they were such a good design!!!

M3, Cup racer'd 182

i think your mate is telling you fibs max custom made :eek: , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arParts_SM&hash=item51993bb9ce#ht_1031wt_1130 , looks like a xs power manifold to me !! the welds crack on them after a few 1000 miles well they do on turbo car's but turbo cars get a lot hotter , it also looks like they have just copied a 182 manifold , thought this was why no one made manifolds for the clio 182 as they couldn't improve on them as they were such a good design!!!

Looks similar well I'm happy with it but this guy I bought it off is well known around here for buying top notch stuff for his cars so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. After Id taken my standard manifold off I measured the diameter off the pipes and measured the stainless with the stainless being another 5mm thicker diameter on the port side and a 3mm bigger exit :), so hopefully it won't be to much of a problem with the back pressure.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

As promised some pics with all the loom tidyed up also fitted a boot net to hold a spare wheel while traveling to track days.

77e008fc.jpg

9aaf1c8c.jpg

84783486.jpg

34990862.jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182

be interesting to see if it makes a noticable difference !! let us know

Hi nick after leaving the car running about half hour I gave it a few blips on the throttle to 4500rpm as you normally do and while the car was dropping revs it was poping like rally car :), it never done that with the standard manifold so im not sure what that means as to back pressure good/bad but im happy with the outcome.

you got the whole exhaust fitted have you , not just the mani , sounds good if it pop's , may get myself one if you notice a increase in power

M3, Cup racer'd 182

you got the whole exhaust fitted have you , not just the mani , sounds good if it pop's , may get myself one if you notice a increase in power

Yes mate whole exhaust fitted, the janspeed stainless middle and back box I had off you. Will let you know about the power increase when I get it all finished and road legal

you need to get a harness bar welded on that cage , unless you want your back broken if you have a crash !!

M3, Cup racer'd 182

A quick update im now getting rid of my customised cup racer suspension that fits my cup packed hubs, And go all out and get the hole cup racer suspension which will include Hubs/ball joints and other bits and bobs but this will now mean i have to look into extending the drive shafts and also steering track rod end's and possibly subframe so alot off work is going to be happening shortly.

Here is a link to the suspension that's for sale to help fund the other bits
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...n-Coilovers-customised-to-fit-cup-packed-hubs

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

A quick update im now getting rid of my customised cup racer suspension that fits my cup packed hubs, And go all out and get the hole cup racer suspension which will include Hubs/ball joints and other bits and bobs but this will now mean i have to look into extending the drive shafts and also steering track rod end's and possibly subframe so alot off work is going to be happening shortly.

Here is a link to the suspension that's for sale to help fund the other bits
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...n-Coilovers-customised-to-fit-cup-packed-hubs

have you actually tracked it with the suspension you had on it yet?

M3, Cup racer'd 182

have you actually tracked it with the suspension you had on it yet?

No ain't been on the track with the car as it aint got tax/insurance/mot but i had taken it to the petrol station 400 yards down the road to put fuel in and I was well pleased with the stiffness.

It's a shame that ive changed my plans as this is now going to lengthen the project so gutted that i aint used it on the track yet.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

i can see that it will be immense when you finally finish the car though (bar the ridiculous wheel choice) but personally i would have stripped the bugger, gone for the brembo HC/ ds2500 (or whatever they are) disc/pad combo and hit the track a few times,then i would have made my decision on what parts i would like to upgrade.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

interior looks good chap, great use of p-clips,
i think i will be trying to run all my wires inside the sills so they are totally out of sight.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

i can see that it will be immense when you finally finish the car though (bar the ridiculous wheel choice) but personally i would have stripped the bugger, gone for the brembo HC/ ds2500 (or whatever they are) disc/pad combo and hit the track a few times,then i would have made my decision on what parts i would like to upgrade.

Lol only reason why ive got 17's cos off the brakes I couldn't fit my standard 16's as the callipers was touching the inner lip. The reason why I also went for these brake's coz they were £500 with new discs so convenient at the time. As to stripping the interior I also want to use the car as a road car occasionally.

Maybe a year or two down the line I'll turn into a lightweight buff and rip everything that's not needed and go down the turbo route or something crazy.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

interior looks good chap, great use of p-clips,
i think i will be trying to run all my wires inside the sills so they are totally out of sight.

Cheers mate, What a great idea maybe look into this myself later on down the line :).

Oh Neil I've seen your project thread what are you doing to your inside off the headlights? What colour are they going mate?.

i think the brakes would be ok under a set of oz ultralagera's or superlager's , i had a set of 16" oz's on my old ibiza cupra r with same size discs and they were about the only 16" wheel i could get with decent clearance

M3, Cup racer'd 182

unsure on colour yet, either black or same as the shell

I'm hoping to do the same but remove the n/s side light/main beam part and modify some kinda tube type into the headlight as a CAF,

When you chucked your headlight in the oven was the plastic all soft and start to deform? Im hoping that I don't deform the lense coz it's plastic.

Cheers

M3, Cup racer'd 182

i think the brakes would be ok under a set of oz ultralagera's or superlager's , i had a set of 16" oz's on my old ibiza cupra r with same size discs and they were about the only 16" wheel i could get with decent clearance

Maybe something I could look into later on.

Cheers nick