ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightweight 182 track/road car (Page 6+)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Re: 182 track weapon attempt

Ok so a rubbish update as some would disagree what im doing but hey what's done is done.

So been busy re checking everything's fine as the car is booked in for mot Wednesday :).
So the hoses all fitted now and refitted the radiators even air con for now as im looking into a pure-motorsport delete kit (got prices for a group buy :) will sort it out 2morrow).
Here's the pic's
16745a58.gif

4dbe94f0.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182

A quick boring update drove the car 2 the mot station and even though most say the cup racer suspension is to firm for normal roads it handled very very well indead :D, the out come of the mot it passed :).
Ok I had to give him a tenner to forget there was no cat on it lol. Other than that passed with flying colours so after leaving the garage i drove to a local rally preparation place and bought a alloy foot rest for the passenger will upload pic tomorrow.

So my next plans over the next few weeks/months are.
1) Fit the k-tec carbon spoiler
2) Spray the outside (straight black)
3) Spray the bits and the wheels in diffrent green's
4) Fit the passenger alloy foot rest
5) Fit my custom cup racer brake ducts, sort ducting and plates for hubs
6) Look into buying the pure motorsport air con delete kit also timming belt change and a full service
7) Give it to a friend for the stickers

Quite abit still to be done but at least i can see the light at the end of the tunnel :).

Radical SR3

^ ok fair comment but how many months/years did it take and cost to build if you don't mind me asking?,

All these mods and fancy looking stuff that don't do nothing have cost me just shy of 5k all ready and the car is pretty much ready to use on the road as it's going for mot wednesday so really not bad in a years time frame.
I bet that car cost over 10k to build or maybe more concidering the sequential gearbox in your starlet prob cost you what i've spent on mine.

After fitting all these bits i know when i give it death on the track that most parts are brand new so i'll never have to worry about things failing/breaking and be stuck at the track side needing recovery.

Maybe in a years time or 2 i'll rip into it again and turn it into a pure track car as my main priority at the mo is to be able to use it on the road.

Point taken on reliability. I'm taking the Cup to Germany tomorrow and had it checked by a garage first. I ripped the back out, got rid of the random crap that adds no value and stuck a spare 4 point harness in there.

My Starlet took around 15 months and after spending 750 on the car initially, I brought all the parts over from Japan used so in total about 7k...I was lucky though running an import business for fun at the time.

When I sold the car, I stripped it and made over 15k!

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Point taken on reliability. I'm taking the Cup to Germany tomorrow and had it checked by a garage first. I ripped the back out, got rid of the random crap that adds no value and stuck a spare 4 point harness in there.

My Starlet took around 15 months and after spending 750 on the car initially, I brought all the parts over from Japan used so in total about 7k...I was lucky though running an import business for fun at the time.

When I sold the car, I stripped it and made over 15k!

Your going to Germany :) while your over there are you going to nurburgring by any chance?. If so I'm very jelous as all my mates i went with last year pulled out because there cars ain't nowhere near finished :( so it will be next year now.

You've been very lucky with getting all the parts 2nd hand and for a fraction of the price (perks of the job having a import company) it's a nice little earner doubling your money breaking it.

Next time i ever do a track car build i'd prob go out and buy a ex racer as it would be easier and less money.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Here's some pics
Wheel now I've fitted camber bolts
46bc7c1c.jpg

Alloy foot rest (passenger)
93c08ff6.jpg

802d11a6.jpg

Alloy exhaust that I couldn't turn down only cost £20 lol
30a89826.gif

2c91755a.gif

bf4c95c6.gif

Also some pics while it was on the ramp for mot
fb8b5dfb.jpg

f3cdd94e.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

6) Look into buying the pure motorsport air con delete kit also timming belt change and a full service

man up, save some cash and delete both the aircon and power steering in one go!! ;)

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Where did you get the footrest from? Do you have a link? Cheers!

Sorry mate no link,
it's a local rally preparation place that makes them it was £42.78.
There's some on eBay i'll get the measurements for you if you want.

172/1.2/E30

1.2/dci rack and some nice r5 brackets and you can even keep your standard alternator mate! Cheaper than the whole cup setup shizzle. By the way, what wheels are you running, they look good!

M3, Cup racer'd 182

1.2/dci rack and some nice r5 brackets and you can even keep your standard alternator mate! Cheaper than the whole cup setup shizzle. By the way, what wheels are you running, they look good!

Cheers mirko the wheels are inovit ST VI there not bad wheels lightweight compared to most other 17". awesome stuff will have to look into this now i know i can use a 1.2/dci rack prob won't cost much ether :). Also thanks for the heads up on the carbon canister :). Cheers

172/1.2/E30

Paid about 50quid for a reconditioned rack on ebay. But you need to reuse your 182 steering rods as you´ll get too much to out with the non sport rods.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Paid about 50quid for a reconditioned rack on ebay. But you need to reuse your 182 steering rods as you´ll get too much to out with the non sport rods.

So i take it i need to look for a electronic steering rack? Or a bog standard one of the mk1 clio's?.
Cheers

172/1.2/E30

EPAS rack. But you leave the electric stuff alone and use it with your column (EPAS motor is on the column in the non sports). If you use a non PAS rack you´d have more turns lock to lock.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

EPAS rack. But you leave the electric stuff alone and use it with your column (EPAS motor is on the column in the non sports). If you use a non PAS rack you´d have more turns lock to lock.

Perfect :). Thanks mate

Radical SR3

That's the one, 5th year there.

Combination of Clio and Rent4Ring cars...up until tuesday i was taking my Tamora but a garage suspects engine issues so im leaving it here :(

M3, Cup racer'd 182

wats with the exhaust damien ? Haa also cars coming together very nicely :)

I know it was for a 205 rally car custom built jobbie, my mate had it but sold the car so he asked if I wanted it for £20 so i snapped his hand off lol, not sure if it will be any good as there's no baffles so i'd have to buy 4 motorbike baffles to fit in the 2 1/2" exit's.
Also another thing that concerns me coz it's alloy on my stainless i'm not sure if it would melt or deform but worth a try i guest for £20 lol.

Cheers mate

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Ok then all another busy weekend messing about with the car again, so i managed to fit the foot rest here's the finished result
52aff170.jpg

fbbf4b40.jpg

After tidying the garage i come across a carbon fibre k-tec spoiler that i forgot i bought sometime ago so this is just taped into place for now what does people think?
0faf19f5.gif

f39a2064.gif

7c5bf83d.gif

85d38c35.gif

b1d97089.gif

I'm unsure with the spoiler atmo even though it looks different.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Hi all here we go after fitting the oil cooler to my car i want to keep a eye on things such as oil pressure and oil temp, I've already ordered my dials 52mm raceteck with stepper motor's still waiting for them to arrive.

With my previous car project (golf gttdi) i fitted a boost gauge into the door air vent and it looked awesome so wanted to do something a little different to the Clio rather than a pillar pods.
This is still in progress so will update often.
Here is the standard dash before.
36a11794.gif

This is a 52mm gauge pod i bought of eBay for £7 so got to work and trimmed it to fit the recess.
a5ffa4b4.gif

f0c42a49.gif

After removing the flocking with a dremel i set to work and filled it with fibreglass and sanded down to a smooth finish.
490c7b7b.gif

154f32f8.gif

After fitting it i didn't like the look of how it was tilted back (side shot above) so i then used more fibreglass and shaped a visor similar to the dash clocks so it now will block the sun from glare.
264112dc.gif

12c15b14.gif

c933c7a5.gif

This is all i've got to at the moment but once i tidied it up it will then be sent to be flocked and glued back into the dash.

Clio 1.2+ Laguna 2.0

them stickers look wiked!! in yellow too? or maybe white?

M3, Cup racer'd 182

them stickers look wiked!! in yellow too? or maybe white?

If your talking about the Clio 197/200 then i've changed my mind again and decided to go for the ken block fiesta livery there is a pic of said livery on the Clio page 3 so i can see what it looks like.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Not much of a exciting update but sent the centre gauge off to be flocked last week phone up yesterday and i should have it Monday :) but i'm still waiting for my gauges to arrive :(, a few other bits i've done while i've had nothing else to do is sprayed the badges/trim and mirror covers in a custom kawasaki green with a little drop of White added as a base coat to see if they would react so these are now flatted down with 1500 wet and dry so ready to to be sprayed when the weather is nice.
6d8c6622.gif

I also had a headlight cover with CAF in the garage that was cracked around the edges so set to repair with fibreglass and stopper this is now ready to be sprayed in black.
919ff769.gif

I also came across genuine cup racer brake ducts after 2 years of looking the drivers have been used but the passenger has never been fitted so i'll need to tidy these up as it's not the best of finishes but these will also be going black.
6e66577a.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Had a parcel this morning it was my custom centre gauge back from been flocked only charged me £20 bargain imo.
here is a few pics but got to wipe the rest of the dash with a damp cloth and fit in all in proper when i receive the gauges
4b38e786.gif

624ac104.gif

7f53f4d2.gif

Also trial fitting the genuine cup racer brake ducts the passenger was short so now i've got to mess with these before fitting,
I've now come to the conclution that motorsport QC dont give a sh*t what it looks like and fits as long as it does the job :(.
Here's a pic
e5703b63.gif

af76719e.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Awesome work :) Group buy on the gauge pod ;)

Ducts fitted and worked awesome, thanks.

Awesome Keith glad your using them to the full potential :),

Group buy on the gauge pod sorry mate but i couldn't coz of to many angles.
it's easy enough to do thou all you need is buy a double pod £7 eBay a tin of fibreplast from a car paint/body shop £20 a few 320 sanding discs, a dremel to trim the recess and pod, and a few hours sanding and shaping and wolla.

Good project so far mate, think it'll be out on track sometime this year? Who does your flocking, I'm looking for somewhere that does a good job for reasonable cost, after a few poor quality pieces after the last place I used to use stopped doing it :(

Yozz'd up 182

Get it on track! looks awesome.

But im sure with the money youve spent on little parts like ducts and pods and flocking etc etc you could have done a trackday possibly more and the experience with the car would make you far quicker than all little bits done.

Inferno 182

Love the car mate, ignor the haters, look at ken blocks car, looks amazing and goes like f**k!! Looks give the car character, overwise its just a shell with an engine.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Good project so far mate, think it'll be out on track sometime this year? Who does your flocking, I'm looking for somewhere that does a good job for reasonable cost, after a few poor quality pieces after the last place I used to use stopped doing it :(

Cheers mate, I'm hoping that it will be finished in a months time maybe 2 so i'll take it on a track this year but next year I'm hoping I can visit nurburgring after all teething problems if any has been sorted.

Here's the company I used to do the flocking http://sbp.me.uk/. However they are reasonably priced but they do take ages so if you can afford to wait a 2weeks or more then these are the people.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Get it on track! looks awesome.

But im sure with the money youve spent on little parts like ducts and pods and flocking etc etc you could have done a trackday possibly more and the experience with the car would make you far quicker than all little bits done.

Cheers mate
The only reason I ain't taken it on the track coz I wanted to finish everything before i do.
The car is SORN'd atmo so a perfect opportunity for me to get it all done the way i plan that way I wouldn't have to take it off the road again to finish and do other things :).

But on a plus side hopefully it will be finished shortly :D

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Love the car mate, ignor the haters, look at ken blocks car, looks amazing and goes like f**k!! Looks give the car character, overwise its just a shell with an engine.

Cheers dude
As this is pretty much my 1st project on any forum I've soon realised that there are haters and ok I can understand that I'm not doing it the way they would but it's all individual tastes and something that's different to the norm.

With the ken block theme a few things will be changed or the whole thing will depending on what my mate (the sticker guy) says would suit the car better, when the car gets sprayed not long now :) I'll b going down his and where going to have a mess about on the lap top and come up with a few ideas.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Sticker's on a track car cool,on the road may look a little silly,so make sure you get yourself a trailer,306D will make a good tow car as well.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Sticker's on a track car cool,on the road may look a little silly,so make sure you get yourself a trailer,306D will make a good tow car as well.

Lol I'm half way there already, funny enough the car I use as a daily work horse while the other cars are off the road is a 306 Dturbo so only a trl to get hold of :).

M3, Cup racer'd 182

So this is what i've been doing this weekend my blackened out headlights :).
Well after looking at the car i began to hate the headlights as not only was they grey inserts but it was to much reflective silver/chrome in the headlights so after trying to cook them in the oven and when't Pete tong.
16526616.gif

I bought a pair of non xenon's that had black insert's and awesome lenses :) so attacked them with a dremel after keeping the insert's and lenses i binned the rest. So began to dremel the lenses of mine after all weekend stripping sanding priming and spraying this is what the final outcome looks like :).
Before.
87e1616a.gif

After.
498b1d58.gif

68deaef3.gif

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Ok this is long overdue a update.
So from last time i updated i've done a fair few bits as well as stripping the interior putting it back together stripping it again the usual thing lol.

I'll keep things short so after doing the one headlight i done the other side.
dd3ceb79.jpg

Then it was time for the badges,mirror covers and wheels. After stripping the tyres and weights i began to scotch them down to take the shine off so the paint had something to grip to.
7c85500b.jpg

43539c76.jpg

9b1330a7.jpg

Then i had the thought of fitting a CAF to the spare passenger light i had some might have seen this already in media but this is the finished item.
fbdb5a3f.jpg

3fbb80e9.gif

After having a funny 5mins i decided i'd get a full roll cage so sold the half cage and manage to purchase this cup racer with added bars on the drivers side, Still got to do some things before i can fit it.
d7699297.jpg

If you can see i also done the cup racer ducts and also painted the bullets black with green lettering.
bdbb48ae.jpg

Also bought a alloy heat Sheild and another 90 degree bend.
513a0736.gif

This is all at the mo been to cold to work on it but i'm hoping i can get this car finished soon so i can start on the other project i have lined up. :)

P.s I'm not going to do the stickers now just straight black with the green bits.

M3, Cup racer'd 182

Wtf!
Why is my phone now showing the pics in the wrong order.