ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

location of IAT Sensor on cup 172

Guys, A Colleague at work has 2 of these mod-chip resistors .
He fitted one on his C2 vts and we did a before and after comparison,
The only difference was the initial throttle response was alot sharper and mid-range felt a lot perkier. "This resistor fits into the IAT sensor and fools the ecu into thinking there is a lot more colder air coming in, so the ecu ups the timing and fueling a little" Quote from my work colleague.
The resistor can be taken out whenever he likes, He gave one to me so Im going to fit it But After a search on here I couldnt find out where the IAT sensor is on the 2.0 16v. Please could someone shed some light??

Thanks

Sorry mate, but what youre actually doing is taking away one of the sensor readings that the ecu needs to acurately calculate fueling, and like most modifications you get what you pay for, sorry but putting a resistor in instead of an intake temp sensor reading wont help you - if it really did do what alot of people claim manufacturers would have got rid of them along time ago - if only for build cost reasons.