ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Hankook V12 evo tyres for my 172 - cannot find them ANYWHERE! Alternative

Clio 172 Mk2
great tyres according to many here, and my rubbish Contis need replacing very soon - but cannot find these Hankooks anywhere in this size!

Any ideas where I can get them from? Or perhaps anyone can suggest a good alternative?

Ceers in advance

RoastedCheese

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Looking for Hankook V12 evo tyres for my 172 - cannot find them ANYWHERE! Alterna

A shortage at the moment in the clio sizes iirc.

BG PH1 Megane 225
Re: Looking for Hankook V12 evo tyres for my 172 - cannot find them ANYWHERE! Alterna

As far as I know they don't make the V12's in 172 wheel size (195/45/16) they start at 205/45/16 for the Clio's! Many people run the 205's on standard 172 wheels though with no issues (you'd need to double check though!)

Clio 172 Mk2

Uniroyal Rainsport 2's If you can get those. Good luck! I managed to get the EVO's from tyre land as nowhere on the net had any in stock. although i got an email last week from these guys who have them in stock

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk...-0-0--1.html?partnerDomain=alerte-stock-email

Aah that makes sense. Searched everywhere for 195/45 R16 V12s but couldnt find them. Not really wanting to get larger tyres because the rears I already have have plenty of tread, and I want to replace just the fronts because they are fairly worn and I have a wobble that cannot be solved by wheel balancing - these Conti SC3s are not up to the job and deform easily.

Was really loooking forward to getting the V12s as from a price/performance point of view they seem unbeatable.

I may end up going for the Uniroyals - can get a pair fitted for £150, but Im can also get GSD3s for £170 pair. GSDs are great tyres (had 2 sets of them) but I feel they wear VERY quickly, and they are noisy. Personally the best Ive had are PE2s - great dry grip, hardwearing, and sharp handling at the expense of ride quality.

Fiesta ST-2

GSD3's are £69 delivered from mytyres...