ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for info for HU upgrade with top dash display using the Alpine APF-D102RE

Just looking if anyone on here has upgraded to an Alpine to integrate the on dash display?

I read lots of conflicting info that the loom does not always work in MK3?

any info welcome please?

thank you

Can you tell me what setup you have?
anyone doe this to their 197 as don't want to order £300 worth of kit from Europe and then it does not work?

thank you

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to have a CDA-117ri HU with the APF-D102RE lead, which allowed the dash display to work in conjunction with the stalk controls, and even controlled my iPhone too.

Sadly the CDA-117ri developed a fault whereby no sound was being output through the iPhone channel (CD / Aux / Tuner all worked fine) so instead of paying to have it fixed I just bought a new HU - I think I went with the CDE-193BT. In comparison to the old unit I had it feels half the quality and then some. But dash display and stalk controls still work, and iPhone functionality is back as it was before, and that's all I wanted.

I still have the old HU, I'll put it up for sale one day and see if there's any interest.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Got this in my megane. Not bloody cheap the adaptor - got mine cheap though, but I wouldn't have bought it new
Works with any alpine HU I thought

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ah. I got the whole lot together. CDE-178BT I think is the one I've got. Works perfectly. No idea what Vtuner is though!? Wasted on me.

Listerine & Poledo
Seemingly.
But if it's got bluetooth you can stream your stuff via that. Just maybe not control it?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Seemingly.
But if it's got bluetooth you can stream your stuff via that. Just maybe not control it?
Will give it a go. I'm way behind on my car stereos now. Used to be my forte in the days of the luxury having RDS and a casette deck with boot cd changer!!