ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose 182 ECU Cover

E92 M3, BG 182
What looks like a whacking great piece of pig iron behind the battery box covering the ECU is loose on my car and I'm sure it's rattling away under the bonnet and I can hear it whilst driving. I want to remove it to see if the rattle goes away. What is the point of this thing and is there any likely hood of problems if I leave it off (must be there for a reason). Alternatively does anyone make a more refined aftermarket cover - something a bit lighter than the great big standard chunk of metal lol.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have literally just been looking at this myself. My clio didn't come with the top cover, but i've managed to source one off a breaker car. You may want to check that the wires have not chafed with all of the rattling as this can happen!
I've heard it can be tightened, but it's fiddly. There's a thread here - http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/89-c...-loom-cover-cutting-into-ecu-loom*fixed*.html

If that's not okay to link to then i'm sorry but it helps a lot in tightening!

Hast the bracket snapped which bolts it to the car?

If it has its a common problem.

I had this issue but just made a simple aluminium bracket with 2 holes drilled in it and bolted it on.

IMG_4279 (1).JPG