ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loss of power and black/grey smoke at 2000rpm

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
Hi,
My car had a cambelt service done not too long ago and now all of a sudden its started acting like this and playing up.when driving and changing up through the gears when it gets to 2000rpm it seems to just loose its power and just cruise along (black smoke pouring out of the back) then it will just suddenly pick up its power again and off it goes. it does this in every gear. also when cruising along at 80mph and while it is still climbing it will sometimes loose power then ,almost like it has nothing else to give, then yet again it will just suddenly give bags of power and speeds off again. its a 1.5 DCI ph2.
Any ideas?

Cheers

JP

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
I have put some injector cleaner into the fuel to see if i can clean the injectors up to see if that was it, but it hasnt made much of a difference. i shall have a look at the EGR valve today and see if i can lubricate it up or clean it?

Thanks for the comments guys , it helps out alot.

Cheers

JP

Renault Clio 1.5DCI
All Sorted, the EGR Valve was blocked so i stripped it down, cleaned and lubricated the valve itself to stop it from sticking again. Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

JP