ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low subframes/Sidemounts for RECARO's??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can you get them. Just now i've got the stock ones...Which in all honestly are too high. The angle of the harnesses have to go up, before they go through the loops!

I guess i'm aiming this question more at the track ladies! I intend on keepin the Reno subframes, but i think it's the sidemounts which i need to get!?

Silver bit.

IMG_0572.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get some knocked up. Its only steel.

If you want lower ones you'll have to compromise with fixed seats

340i
I don't think you will get any lower on "reclining" frames.

You will have to go for fixed I imagine... (I had the same predicament with my Cobra seats, in the end I had a set a of custom super low frames fabricated)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
there not reclining sir. There on the Reno runners. But the sidemounts could be alot lower...Would need to remove the spare wheel foam box but thats no bigger. I reckon they could come down 2-3inches.

SchwepTek™
I've looked at all possibilities apart from getting custom ones made up for my Pole Positions.

The easiest and best way imo is to get a set of Cobra X-Low Subframes with runners and mount the side mounts you already have direct to them.

They can only be ordered direct from Cobra and are £170 for the pair including runners and delivery costs.

SchwepTek™
In fact, looking at the picture you posted, those don't look anything like standard Renault runners?

SchwepTek™
I dont understand. Can you get better pics?

Renault runners also act as the subframe on standard seats but it looks like you have Recaro runners which are why they are so high.

This is all the renault runners/subframe consist of to allow a seat to be bolted to the floor and give full sliding mechanism.

S5001640.gif

SchwepTek™
The Trophy Recaro Trendlines are bolted to the car using the renault bits in the picture above.

They use special Recaro side mounts designed for Renault.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Through the bulkhead into the engine bay. not done yet. Needs some welding done.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I've got exactly the same problem as Ali.

I want them lower but still want to be able to slide them.

Schweppy - Does it just require drilling new holes in the recaro side mounts to get them to fit on the cobra x-low subframes?

SchwepTek™
I've got exactly the same problem as Ali.

I want them lower but still want to be able to slide them.

Schweppy - Does it just require drilling new holes in the recaro side mounts to get them to fit on the cobra x-low subframes?

Nope. Both omp and cobra ones work fine.

Do the x-low subframes or any other for that matter allow you to position a bucket seat further back than normal? I dont need sliding or rear access, just more room for my long legs.

cheers

ok cheers. Just to confirm though, do you mean the original Renault sliding ones bolted to the x-lows or some corbeau/other sliding subframes? I need to get the seat as low as possible though so having the sliders on may not then drop them that much? Long legs and head hitting the roof with a helmet on are my problems :)

cobra xlow subframe work perfectly with pole positions,

instead of using adaption bars, i cut the runner arm in half and just mounted the side mounts direct to the runner and then the runner direct to the cobra sub frame

IMG_0138.gif

my mate who had custom pole positions made, (look on the renault sport forum, Twingo section, project thread by Al) had his runners professionally altered but i just used 15mm coper pipe because I dont care how it looks! Im sure you will tho Ali so get on the RS forum and check it out! he used Clio 182 cobra xlow subframes in his twingo!

Before i put the runner in i had the seat mounted direct to the subframe but because 3/4 people were driving the car i put a runner in.

one seat is the recaro apex and one is the furious the pole positions width is in the middle of those 2 so will fit fine!