ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowered mk1 clios

hi just wondered if any1 had any pics of there lowered mk1 clios..ive just had my lowered 80mm ont the back and bout 60 front, thr front rubs on full lock but the back is in need of some serious arch work.i got 15s on a the mo there phase 1 turbines.i will post some pics wen its done ,theres about a 1mm gap between tyre wall and arch so no passengers till arch work is done,it looks well good though..it would be good to see who has the lowest mk1 clio on here! cheers,paul

Remove the arch liners, plenty of people i have spoken to have had 60mm all round wiht no rubbing.

80mm at the rear is defo a no no for passengers

all arch liners are already removed it just scrubs the bumper a bit,,,but the bumpers are being grinded bak this week and i ll probly do the rear arches as well either try and pull them or even cut a couple inces off then knock them out then filler etc,paul

mine did scrub at the back when going over bumps, especially with passengers. I got stiffened shocks for the back and it sorted out the problem.

Quote: Originally posted by wado on 07 March 2004

mine did scrub at the back when going over bumps, especially with passengers. I got stiffened shocks for the back and it sorted out the problem.
How stiff? I got 16v Shocks on now - the ride is so much better.. like, feels much firmer at the back if thats possible.. but it still scrapes like a good un. not tried with passengers yet, either!

45s buddy, why do you ask? I just took the spare out and the backs gone up a little! Fancied dropping it another 10-20mm?

Danny

Because mine scrapes with me, on the back over bad bumps.. and thats with some arch mods.. (very minor tho).

Scrapes proper bad on bumps with people in back tho!

16v Shocks, too.. so slightly stiffer.. 195/50/15s..

Thinking about changing them all for 195/45/15s.. as people seem to be able to slam it like 60mm without scraping!

mine used to rub on the rear bumper inside the arch.

they had 195/45 tyres on.

but i had 16" super legs on, b4 i managed to crash it racing out of loughborugh last year !!!

only had 3rd party insurance and lost everything :(

Yer sounds like a good plan batman, slam it, get 45, but it might be a harsher ride!!!

Its a shame about urs tom whats your 1.4 16v like in commparisent to your old one?

Dan

very very very nice:D

got it for £4100, W reg 20,000, mint condtion from a place that supplies reno with their second hand cars in derby.

which i thort was a bargain!

its very nippy, had it de catted and inductiond. certainly alot pokier than my old 1.4 :D

mine scrubs even wen on straights at the mo 80mm at the back on 15s(195/50/15)i havent driven it far caus its almost continuos so im getting the reaer arches pulled out it looks so good though its worth having to go 1mph at every speed hump!!does any one else on here have a mk1 dropped 80mm on 15s?

Slam it? I cant anymore really - scrapes up multistoreys as it is with bodykit.

Ill have ANOTHER look under the car tomorrow.. see where its catching this time - more arch mods. Looked under there so many times now.

Would prefer 195/50s really.. cus I already have some mint new tyres on back..

Quote: Originally posted by onthedeck on 07 March 2004

freebone have u done any arch mods caus mines 60mm front and 80mm back on 15s and they scrub all the time!
All depends on the tyre profile.. and offset I would imagine!

my tryes are fine (195/50/15)its probly the offset then ive got 16 valve phase 1 turbines on my 1.2 clio!plus it could be caus it slamed pretty damn low!

freebone have u done any arch mods caus mines 60mm front and 80mm back on 15s and they scrub all the time!

my tryes are fine (195/50/15)its probly the offset then ive got 16 valve phase 1 turbines on my 1.2 clio!plus it could be caus it slamed pretty damn low!
Eh? How is that fine? Heh.

Steve A had 195/45/15s very low.. and they never scraped, at all.. as far as I know - and thats with rear passengers.

seat ibiza cupra

iv just had mine lowered this weekend 55mm iv got 45 profile im on 15s and mine dunt scrape at all, (at least it hasnt yet(touchwood).

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 07 March 2004

How stiff? I got 16v Shocks on now - the ride is so much better.. like, feels much firmer at the back if thats possible.. but it still scrapes like a good un. not tried with passengers yet, either!
Ive got the shocks from a bilstein lowering kit and no probs now

Quote: Originally posted by wado on 08 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 07 March 2004

Ive got the shocks from a bilstein lowering kit and no probs now
Are they rock hard? What tyres you got again?

Id rather keep 195/50/15s.. if it just means getting stiffer still shocks.. dont fancy going to 195/45s.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Steve A had 195/45/15s very low.. and they never scraped, at all.. as far as I know - and thats with rear passengers.
Yep thats right. Was running williams wheels on 195/45 15s lowered about 50-60mm all round with no scrubbing.