ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO RSI MK1 1.8 f3p

clio mk1 RSI
new to the forum had a few clios now, just got a mk1 rsi
planning to modify it keep it factory looking oem+1 is my over all goal.
so far had to spend a wee bit getting it good.
timing belt and tensioners done,
new aux drive belts
replaced all the brake lines
2 new wheel bearings
1 new track rod end.
overhauled rear calipers
had to replace one of the exhaust valves and do the tappets replacing shims etc.
new aluminium radiator
R5 GT Turbo fan
scopion decat
full stainless steel cat back exhaust 2.5 inch tail pipe (just fitted tonight)
bosch super 4 plugs silver tipped
new ht leads and coil pack.
new fuel filter

need to get a new coloumn too much play at the EJ bush

plans.
MK1 pH2 spoiler
colour code the blacks (NAPLES RED)
megane coupe front factory strut brace with strut cover (already colour coded)
R21 turbo green injectors
fse in tank pump
fse power boost valve.
8.5 ignition leads.
custom closed air induction kit using factory airbox and front vent in bumper grille.
lowered 30mm on spax vsx kit
torsion bar lowered to suit
all front poly bushes including dogbone mount.
eibach camber bolts.(front)
original rsi alloys powder coated white with genuine speedline centre caps and decals
grooved discs all round
front brembo pads
rear omp pads
goodridge hoses all round
16v steering wheel with custom centre
colour coded intereior
custom rear badges using renault sport wing badges
16v or williams front bumper with custom factory hex plastic mesh.
falken sport tyres all round
redtop battery
omp rear brace if i cant source a 2nd hand one.
rolling road tuned and remapped and geometery to be set up by company in fife, scotland.
I will add pics soon hope to get some videos of the mods being done as i will be doing most of them by myself.
what do yous think

clio mk1 RSI
got a new steering coloumn today 40 quid from ebay brand new genuine renault part bargain of the year me thinks . its 350 + VAT from renault.

225 Cup & Williams
You could have got your steering rack welded up mate it's a common problem on the mark 1's i had to get my williams rack welded 40 quid for a new one is a bargain though. plans sound good too.

clio mk1 RSI
cheers , already had it welded and it held for about a year, i knew the guy i bought the car from and easy to fit a new how did your steering feel when you had it welded?

clio mk1 RSI
added some pics. This is the car how i got it since had a good wash ,after i took the coloumn out today.
the arches are next on the list.
some of the new and used parts start arriving.
the old (OEM) exhaust comes off
new full stainless cat back exhaust goes on 65 quid delivered from breakers on Ebay.
the scorpion decat didnt line up with new middle section so has to modified, (next week sometime)
going for all chrome or polished goodies inside.
going to fit a new radiator to and new coolant tank (the rusty water does not look good)
still waiting for a lot of stuff to be delivered
To Be Continued..........................................................
http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/kevrsi/

225 Cup & Williams
cheers , already had it welded and it held for about a year, i knew the guy i bought the car from and easy to fit a new how did your steering feel when you had it welded?

Steering felt ALOT better after i had it welded no play in it at all.

clio mk1 RSI
its no 172 , but alot of fun, very hearty low down . I can only campare it to the mk1 16v but that has more power further up the torque band, I actually prefer this engine.

clio mk1 RSI
more pics to follow.
fitted the decat today , its a scorpion 1 i got of ebay for my last car but the downpipe didnt line up , i just marked where it should be and drilled 2 new holes, was a tight fit but got it on. sounds good now.
Fitted a small K&N airfilter directly onto the air intake pipe just now untill i modify the factory airbox, its tiny menat for off raod racing but works fine and makes a good noise.
Steering coloumn got delivered yesterday took bout an hour to fit , the differenca in the handling now is superb, much more feel and no play .
going to concentrate on the wheels and body work next.
Got a phase 2 rsi spoiler gonna paint it tomorrow.
ordered an Esquiss front splitter direct fit to rsi spoiler.
looking for a rear valance from a williams or 16v for the back or simple aftermarket.
keeping the factory sills.
gonna colour code the side strips,handles and bumper strips with white detailing on the rsi badges and bumper mouldings.
gonna rebadge it with custom badges made fron renault sport side mouldings and a DCi badge with the DC smoothed down and replaced with RS.
looking at a set of morettes or angel eyes with colour coded inards
have to fit the new mesh to the bumper
ordered an RGM front grill but not sure if i will like it Have an idea to smooth it onto the front bumper results to follow.
after all that is done think the next move will be new suspension and tyres
going to valet it 2moro so put some nice pics up when its all shiney and the wheels have been refurbed.

clio mk1 RSI
took the plastics off today colour coding in progress, old spoiler is off, taking the wheels off tomorrow. Then for a full t-cut,clay & wax .I cleaned the interior on saturday took all day but looks mint now. pics to follow

clio mk1 RSI
sorry for the lack of pics , gave ma mate my camera lead so pics to follow tommorow night.
parts bought today.
spax vsx full 30mm kit
eibach camber bolts
powerflex droplinks (outer anti roll bar bushes)
rear strut brace
more paint for the colour coding (ran out half way through)
new drilled and grooved front discs
new renault rear discs and pads
front brembo rs pads
braided brake hoses
8.0mm red ignition leads
rear lexus lights 1st generation type (have plans for these so might not be fitting them as they look gash but hopefully a bit of moddding will make them acceptable???????????
all fluids for full fluid change
elf compotition oil
elf gear oil
elf atf (power steering)
silkoline dot 4 brake fluid
liquimoly flush molyslip engine anti friction treatment
liquimoly gearbox treatment
clear indicators with red inards (wing)
white dial kit
red valve caps
red wheel nut covers
flat wiper blades
various decals including extra cliosport.net ones
clio RS200 rear headrests (these are going to be fitted to the front OEM seats as i dont like the angle the Recaro ones sit at)
PUG 205 gti REAR CALIPERS (SAME AS RENO) THE FRONTS WER OVER HAULED NOT THE REARS AS I SAID ABOVE
COSWORTH RS rear letters
K&N panel filter (know this is best for air intake but like the induction noise gave in as the exhaust is loud enough and the engine bay looks weird without the factory airbox)
pug 206 rear aerial base
loads of stuff for colour coding sandpaper,brush stripper set, panel wipe , blue tape etc.
not spending any more spent bout £1000 £400 for the car and the rest in parts from ebay so not bad considering.
only things i need now is a central locking sensor and thats it ,this has felt like more of a restoration coz of the amout of work i done before i started modding it, but will be worth it to have something a wee bit different, HOPEFULLY

cant wait to get it all fitted, should be all done in about a month , am getting a pro to do the arches as i cant blend.
then its off to star performance for a geometry setup and re-map session on the rolloing road.

Hoping to go to the French Car Show.
ANY ideas or opinions are welcome