ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered seat in Phase 2 172

'95 Astra :-(
Hi,

At the weekend I followed Tucker's guide (cheers mate ;)) and lowered my drivers seat.

All went well until putting the nuts back on, I dropped one of the seat nuts near the cat. It didn't hit the floor and after alot of groping and using a mirror I had to admit defeat. So I jacked the car up and put an axle stand under to have a look. The fcuking nut was sat on top of the cat :mad:

I would say this is a great mod :star:. On my drive into work this morning it felt much lower, I felt nice and snug. More like sat in a performance car rather than on a bus seat :D
Plus there was no more looking into the sun visor when it is down :eek:.

In my Pug 205 days there was a nice mod of fitting a 5-door seat runner to the GTi seat. You could not tilt the seat forward to get in the back but it made it much lower + you also could do the Clio trick. Although Peugeot used thick nylon washers instead of metal like Renault.

Higgy.

rps13
great job!

Sometimes it slows the seat sliding movement down. I didn't really give a s**t because it's better than feeling like a coach driver, and if you've got no rear seats there's no need to move them.

No the multichanger is fine.

Black/Gold V6 255
great job!

Sometimes it slows the seat sliding movement down. I didn't really give a s**t because it's better than feeling like a coach driver, and if you've got no rear seats there's no need to move them.

No the multichanger is fine.

Any links to your 'how to' guide matey as my Mrs has just bought a phase 1 172 & it feels like you're sat on it rather than in it?!

340i
unbolt the seat...

Lift out...

Remove the black plastic/metal spacers around the bolt holes in the floor pan

:)