ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 172/Cup

ive got H&R coilovers on mine, theyre awesome, they are set at -40mm at the mo and i only get slight scrubbing on the fronts with my 17s fitted.handling was good before but its even better now, corners flatter and more composed, its taken out the bodyroll and firmed the ride slightly but is still supple and comfortable, not harsh as some coilovers can be, all in all very happy with them

Renault Laguna Coupe

Or get some Eibachs, and no scrubbing at all with 17"s, even with a carful of passengers. Coilovers are undoubtedly better if you can afford them though. Eibach Pro kit will cost around £120, plus around £40 for fitting at your local garage, plus wheel alignment at your local tyre centre.

Clio 172 Ph2

Oh yeah, you can see it easily.

My mate just picked up his new 172 on friday and next to eachother, mine looks way lower.

Dont get me wrong, its not slammed, but then I wouldnt want it to be. I like to be able to drive my car without having to avoid certain routes due to speedbumps and stuff!

Id say the front is like the photoshopd pic you posted. The back is a bit higher - more like the front! As theyre brand new, I expect it to wear itself in soon and then Ill know the real new height.

Im only on standard rims, not sure if those white ones in the pic are 17s?

Head on with a Nissan Primera. Dumb c**t was overtaking stationary traffic to get down a junction on his right but i got there first.

Best thing for the car really. Was at Renault more than i had it.

The car is know at Cliospares in Wolverhampton i think.

Trust youre ok now? Good to see the passenger area remained intact. Nissan Primera had to be a taxi then?

Richs car is considerably lower than mine (mine being 2 days old when we compared them!) should really get some photos of the twins!

is that 15mm front and 25 rear.....anyone got anymore pics please cos i want to lower it badly...can any garage like ats or someone do this job for me????

Thanks for the responses. RB_172 - yes, they are 17s.

Thanks Mike, Paul and Danny for the pics; Paul - it was your lowered cup with 17" turinis that made me buy my cup in the first place - you posted a side-on view pic (taken on your drive) back in March, and that did it for me. I was gutted for you when it was written off in the early summer.

However, the slightly more subtle lowering that the eibachs have given Mikes and Dannys cars is really what Im after - just enough.

Ive been to Demon Tweeks today to get a price for eibachs - £205 inc vat, fitting and alignment - sounds ok? I was a little puzzled by their insistence that there was only one eibach kit and that it lowered by only 5-10mm; do any of you know the part ref or more technical name for the pro kit?

Im not bothered about loosing the Cup. It was a good car but a little to fragile for my type of driving.

I think my Cup loved the dealers as it always wanted to go back:cry:

On to bigger and better things know. There is nothing more pleasing than a stealth kill of my new car.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Gary Brown on 20 October 2003

Thanks for the responses. RB_172 - yes, they are 17s.

Thanks Mike, Paul and Danny for the pics; Paul - it was your lowered cup with 17" turinis that made me buy my cup in the first place - you posted a side-on view pic (taken on your drive) back in March, and that did it for me. I was gutted for you when it was written off in the early summer.

However, the slightly more subtle lowering that the eibachs have given Mikes and Dannys cars is really what Im after - just enough.

Ive been to Demon Tweeks today to get a price for eibachs - £205 inc vat, fitting and alignment - sounds ok? I was a little puzzled by their insistence that there was only one eibach kit and that it lowered by only 5-10mm; do any of you know the part ref or more technical name for the pro kit?
I can get you a part number later if you want Gary, but theres only one Eibach Pro kit. Eibach dont quote a figure for how much it lowers the car - hence the confusion. £205 all-in is ok. I paid £120 for the springs, £40 for fitting and £28 for wheel alignment.

For info. I thought the Eiback sportline kit was better suited to Cups and 172s and only the Eiback pro kit better suited to 172s due to Cup suspension being similar to pro kit.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Gary- the part number / description of my springs:

10 - 75 - 001 - 01 - 22 PROKIT CLIO B 8V, 16V.

Hope this helps.