ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lupo GTI

S2 106 GTI
picked this up on sunday, the mrs new car....drove it back from Birmingham and loved every min of it!!!! really nice to drive for a small car, Loads of room inside!
6 speed, air-con, full VW history :D

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

going to give it a full pc'in when the weather gets better,

thats the one joe :)

get yerself onto clublupo matey :) some mint guys on there, they will steer the loop in the right direction for mods ;)

S2 106 GTI
1.6 16v 125 bhp! and its bloody nippy!!!!! really though, the drive home from birmingham was a hoot! :D for a small car its soooo roomy and very quiet.

Very tidy example mate, looks great in black, hope your girlfriend has alot of fun with it.

AlexS is going to love you dude (he has a red one) :)

:eek: We've been pm'ing all week, I think i might have badgered him into it!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Tidy..Now much did you spend?
Set of Coilovers with 15x8 all round and its a winner!! Check Clublupo, brillent site, like clubpolo. Keep your eyes peeled for a black GTi on ClubLupo it has black tints and Schmidts modern lines, looked perfect down at a meet a few months ago!

S2 106 GTI
Tidy..Now much did you spend?
Set of Coilovers with 15x8 all round and its a winner!! Check Clublupo, brillent site, like clubpolo. Keep your eyes peeled for a black GTi on ClubLupo it has black tints and Schmidts modern lines, looked perfect down at a meet a few months ago!

were getting it on coilover, but not changing the wheels....just yet anyway. Think they look great for standard. we're waiting for some red trim for the front grill (like on the new golf gti's)

6 speed box is a good buy...

Deffo, sometimes wish i had bought a high miler six speed, all the reasonable ones were well over my budget at the time and I couldn't get away from the mileage on my one.
If I was keeping it I would drop the 6 speed box in but I imagine it will have to be sold early September time or at latest Jan 09.

S2 106 GTI
its only got 53k on the clock, the guy was only selling due to the mrs only using it to travel to work - which was only 10 mins away, and they had a kid, so was abit too small for carrying all the baby stuff,
He bought a mini cooper s and she had a new vectra company car, so the lupo had to go!

will get more pic up at weekend :)

Very nice, I came close to buying one - good mix of performance, fun, quality and reasonable running costs. In the end I couldn't find a good example (the one I tested was a bit dodgy) and bought my cupra instead. Lupo GTI would've been my choice had I stayed with petrol, more than likely.

Raven blue is a f**king brilliant colour, uber rare though I thought.

clio 172 exclusive n
they look very tidy them lupo gtis loving the blue one above seem to hold their value to from the ones ive seen:)

its only got 53k on the clock, the guy was only selling due to the mrs only using it to travel to work - which was only 10 mins away, and they had a kid, so was abit too small for carrying all the baby stuff,
He bought a mini cooper s and she had a new vectra company car, so the lupo had to go!

will get more pic up at weekend :)

You got a cracking deal by the sound of it, theres a good coilover group buy on Club Lupo atm, unfortunatly Im limited by the steepness of the driveway at my student house so I can't lower it for a few more months.

Had the below lupo tdi first then spent 10.7k on a 54 plate gti with heated leather and aircon, and an ex VW trade plate. pics of both below!

Very tidy Will, love the plate too, just out of interest what have you had done to get 140hp?

Thanks.

Took a rolling road literally.

140hp standard, isn't that 15hp up! I might have to get mine rolling roaded it does seem quicker than I expected, goes right round to just under 140 jelly babies on the clock without a great deal of effort.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
hot lady around my way has a red one. looks realy cool esp in the summer. not sure what a bloke would look like in it. i'd have one tho

Last edited:
  S2 106 GTI
You got a cracking deal by the sound of it, theres a good coilover group buy on Club Lupo atm, unfortunatly Im limited by the steepness of the driveway at my student house so I can't lower it for a few more months.

Yeah its like that around where we live, My cup is on coilovers and the front splitter is 35mm from the ground, and I'm shitting myself when I get it back on the road because of speed humps :dapprove:

looks like everyone rates them highly!! :D really under-estimated car i think, going through town on mon loads of people where 'head turning'

It should be noted that the suspension as standard is slightly rolley, you can change this easily though with coilovers.

But i've left it standard as it handles in a very compliant flowing manner, and suits my smooth driving style nicely.

MCS R56
1.6 16v 125 bhp! and its bloody nippy!!!!! really though, the drive home from birmingham was a hoot! :D for a small car its soooo roomy and very quiet.

They ain't roomy in the back! I had to do about a 2 hour journey in the back of one once and I couldn't feel my legs after 10 minutes!

They are reasonably quick until they get loaded up with people and bags in the boot. Then they really struggle.

Looks okay in black! Not too common.

Vee dub
Lovely choice! cracking little hot hatches.

Mine's got heated leather... damn I love it lol!

Enjoy it!