ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M135i - Estoril Blue Loveliness

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
LOL at resetting it with an internet 'cheat'!
You've mentioned it a few times; is it going back?
Ha ha, got to love the internet!! Similar thing worked on the e46 M3, so made sense i guess.
Surprised the dealer tech last time it was in by showing him the "secret menu" - he was totally unaware it existed 😂
But yes, i want to give it back & get a "sports car", but Sarah has stated that she will not be at all amused if i do, which is putting me off.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sports car?
You still have the TT :wink:
What do you have in mind assuming complete 'spouse' approval?
Ha ha, the TT is a golf in a frock, its lacking a certain level of excitement, but is perfect for Sarah to pootle to school in!
Ive pondered a variety of things, Z4M, e92 M3, Elise, Exige, 996 C4S, etc but the 987 Boxster S seems to be the one that im leaning towards ...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha, the TT is a golf in a frock, its lacking a certain level of excitement, but is perfect for Sarah to pootle to school in!
Ive pondered a variety of things, Z4M, e92 M3, Elise, Exige, 996 C4S, etc but the 987 Boxster S seems to be the one that im leaning towards ...

Nice nice nice.

I have a 911 itch I need to scratch...but for similar money I could have a spanking new Focus RS next year...and I think depreciation on both may well be similar.

The 911 is a hard sell because of the girls...the Focus less so. Grrrr. Decisions decisions. Will probably just stick with the ST as my accountant head will rule the day.

Leon Cupra 300

It'd have to be the M3 for me.. Special engine that you've not bad before, the cars really useable and they're just cool.

My 550 is for keeps for the foreseeable but next car is either E92 M3 or an XFR.. Leaning towards the XF though. I like big cars.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Aaaaaaand its broken again - no throttle response below 2.5k rpm. Gonna book it into BMW (for in 4 weeks time now doubt :weary:) and start looking for another car properly now. Fed up with the thing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Another customer mentioned to me he'd never have another BMW again, he's had loads of them as company cars and won't have another, last 2 he had were heaps he said.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Mines been awesome and its done 40k in 13 months.

Not using it enough!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Off to Le Mans on Thursday, so thought id best give it a clean. Only the second time in 15 months that my wash mitt has touched it, so had forgotten what a lovely colour it was!! Such a good all round car, whilst it has its occasional hiccups, finding a replacement that is as comfortable/quick/practical/cheap to run (£300 a month inc. insurance) is going to be incredibly difficult!!!
Photo%2007-06-2015%2016%2017%2009_zps0hvru6qi.jpg

Photo%2007-06-2015%2016%2015%2007_zpsovns7vif.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
@Sir_Dave an Elise fits the bill perfectly apart from practical. Mine does over 40mpg, 260/270 miles from £33 of Super.
Already have a go-kart though lol!! Don't want to render than useless.
Need the space as well really, Sarah is unaware of how to "pack light" when we go away ...
Another R32 and change.
Quite possibly. Would be my first choice is i got another hatchback i think. Such a good all round car!
New FRS and nil change.
And depreciation would be minimal. I just cant get on with Ford interiors these days, the build is ok, but the styling hurts my eyes!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
This is the exact same argument I'm having with myself right now. Head says MR230 the ST and be done with it for another 60k miles. Head and heart say FRS.
More space for the family in the FRS as well :wink: oh and its safer for the wife to drive as it has 4WD ...
For once, glad i'm not in the uber Bimmer. It's reliability makes it questionable it will even get there!
Ha ha, its all good, got AA Euro cover for £12 from Leaseplan 😂
Its fine tbh, think loads of people have had the same issues on Babybmw, just arent mechanically aware enough to notice it lol.
For example my RR graph (When it was working perfectly):
SRR%207.3.15_zpsp86dlg1z.jpg

Another chaps (he thought his was working 100% fine):
rr.jpg

Mine - Circa 320lb ft at 2.5k rpm (then holding 330lb ft from 3k>4.8k rpm)
vs
His - Circa 280lb ft at 2.5k rpm (rising to 322lb ft at 3k to 338lb ft from 3.5k>4.8k rpm)

As you can see, massive difference in torque delivery. Which, explains why it occasionally feels slow sub 2.5k rpm - problem is, BMW dont seem to know why the car does it/drops back into this mode.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So today was the end of the road for the M135i - BCA have collected it as an early termination, so its off to auction at Blackbushe.

Its been a good car, but not a great one imho, plagued with issues & dealer incompetence at the beginning (which i had tried to avoid by getting brand new!!!), it just never really lived up to the rave reviews it got at launch. I was unsure at the time whether to get rid of the GP1 for it, & i quickly realised that it wasnt really a drivers car, hence the purchase of another Mini ... On the flipside, i still believe that as a 5 door auto it would be a very good family car, fast, well built, relatively cheap to run, spacious etc etc, it would however HAVE TO HAVE an exhaust, coilovers and diff fitted straight away! As standard, its just too much like a rocket powered Blancmange, soo much potential, sadly pinned back by it being an MLite, not a full fat ///M car.

Bye Bye M135i
wavey.gif

IMG_8180_zpslt9ui5xx.jpg

IMG_8181_zpsa2r4ww1n.jpg

IMG_8182_zpshvk1ufe3.jpg

Its replacement has already been purchased, & can be found here: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/e46-m3-individual-version-2.782097/#post-10889073

Bosses wife loves hers. He does too because he drives in straight lines and on his list of must haves he has to have "black leather, black paint and a good sound system for the kids"... Lol.

Onwards and back/upwards mate!

BMW 1 F21 Msport
Your M135i was bought by the police after you sold it. It was part of the North Yorkshire Police Road Crime Team and featured on most of the episodes than ran through mid-end of 2018. It was auctioned in December as it was decommissioned to make way for a new unmarked interceptor.

Attachments

• 7AA39289-1A37-4AAA-91B8-0DA6A3FB0BD1.png
    7AA39289-1A37-4AAA-91B8-0DA6A3FB0BD1.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 226
  • C20DECF8-01C7-4EB4-9D15-85B0214498B6.png
    C20DECF8-01C7-4EB4-9D15-85B0214498B6.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 236
  • B3EE6E39-776E-42FF-B43A-27D08681BC9B.png
    B3EE6E39-776E-42FF-B43A-27D08681BC9B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
  • 88A076AB-582C-4526-816C-83F6EB90B36D.jpeg
    88A076AB-582C-4526-816C-83F6EB90B36D.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 220

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice nice nice.

I have a 911 itch I need to scratch...but for similar money I could have a spanking new Focus RS next year...and I think depreciation on both may well be similar.

The 911 is a hard sell because of the girls...the Focus less so. Grrrr. Decisions decisions. Will probably just stick with the ST as my accountant head will rule the day.

LOL at this, how much has changed in the last 4 years!