ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ma Calipers are kaput.. anyone got dialoges

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
fitting my new discs, pads and lines at the weekend and noticed that the saddles dont float anymore.. (they did the last time i changed my pads)

basically i have managed to free one but the other is rusted solid. (visible if gaitor is pulled back) I ended up putting ma std pads back in or i couldn't mount over the disc.

Basically i've got a mk2 ph1 1.6 16v.. 259mm discs.
Can i got to the scrappy and take ones of the following cars or are they different?

Mk2 ph1/2 1.2/1.4/1.6 16v
Mk1 1.8 16v
Mk1 Williams

are there any meganes or kangoos etc that have the same ones?

Alternatively, how much new from renault, anyone know the part numbers?

Valver
Im pretty sure you have the same calipers as a valver/williams and most non-RS newer shape clios. I know that the calipers I have on my valver I got from a mk2 ph1 1.4 16v.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sports car breakers at Newbridge have a few mate, was there yesterday getting onr for a 239mm caliper and noticed a few bigger ones.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Surely after muchos Plus Gas/WD40 and work with the ring spanner, it will work free.

Valver
You can get a kit which has the 2 slider bolts+rubbers+the 2 little bolts for just over a tenner.. so you could just clean it out and 'reseal' it?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i had a ring spanner on it and rattled f**k outo it wi a hammer... no release at all!! so i need to replace at least one!!

I guess i could do that with the other one tho.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
i had a ring spanner on it and rattled f**k outo it wi a hammer... no release at all!! so i need to replace at least one!!

I guess i could do that with the other one tho.
My god, it must be bad. Mine was hard work and took around 10 min's of work with the ring spanner with the caliper held in the vice.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i dont have a vice, partly the problem i think!!

i had it on the pavement wi ma mate standing on it!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
i dont have a vice, partly the problem i think!!

i had it on the pavement wi ma mate standing on it!
Might well be worth borrowing one from somewhere. But if you can get a replacement for £20-£30, who cares.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
aye, i'll fire over to where john got his one on sat and see what he has to offer.. need to pocket a few other bits n bobs too! ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
aye, i'll fire over to where john got his one on sat and see what he has to offer.. need to pocket a few other bits n bobs too! ;)
I have a bag with special dual layer end plates. The number of things that can be hidden in there is amazing. It all adds to the value.

BMW M135i
You can get a kit which has the 2 slider bolts+rubbers+the 2 little bolts for just over a tenner.. so you could just clean it out and 'reseal' it?

Where? I need to change the guide pins on mine but renault want £36 for the kit each side the robbing b******s.

Valver

Where? I need to change the guide pins on mine but renault want £36 for the kit each side the robbing b******s.

Yeah I know the f*****s!
Go to http://www.brakesint.co.uk/ ring them up and tell them what you're after.

I got the 4 bolts, 2 rubbers + the special grease for £14.25 posted!