ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

machine polishing for the first time

White ds3
im looking at geting a machine polisher and was wondering wat polish to youse i only need a mild and was told to youse menzerna but they all say thyre for removing sanding marks they sound a bit extreme for me lol.
iv got all my sealants ect but polish i havnt a clue
any advice?

thanx

Megane R26
They are marketed at trade buyers and not general retail, where generally speaking a car will be sanded before polishing to finish - so ignore that.

Which machine polisher are you looking at? Will you be polishing that RB car in your avatar?

Megane R26
I'm not entirely comfortable with it yet, but I've got a scratch on mine to do.

I've done a few stone chips etc which were all pretty much flawless.

You had a go? Don't do it without a PDG... the Mirka pads from Polished Bliss are the best option IMO

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Did it with some 2k wet and dry from halfords on 1 scratch and it came out good tbh!

I REALLY should stop practicing these things on my own car though.

Si

RS Clio 172
There's a pretty good guide on DW about the masics of using a dual action machine.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
if it's any help i'm a noob with a polisher, i've only used it a handful of times.............i couldn't get rid of anything using AG SRP or Sonus, but after getting some menzera i managed to get rid of a lot of swirls........just need to work on my technique now

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if it's any help i'm a noob with a polisher, i've only used it a handful of times.............i couldn't get rid of anything using AG SRP or Sonus, but after getting some menzera i managed to get rid of a lot of swirls........just need to work on my technique now
SRP won't do anything as it contains no abrahsives - will make it look a little better though.

Sonus is useless - wouldn't bother with it.

menzerna is the one to go for if you ask me... Get Intensive polish and final finish :)

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
SRP won't do anything as it contains no abrahsives - will make it look a little better though.

Sonus is useless - wouldn't bother with it.

menzerna is the one to go for if you ask me... Get Intensive polish and final finish :)

thanks

sorry to hijack thread but can i ask which pads are worth getting

White ds3
They are marketed at trade buyers and not general retail, where generally speaking a car will be sanded before polishing to finish - so ignore that.

Which machine polisher are you looking at? Will you be polishing that RB car in your avatar?

yea i will be usung it on the rb ys that m8?