ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mad to be considering building another DCI sport rep?

Clio DCI
Got the urge to build another DCI sport rep, after starting to regret selling my flame red rep. Loving the 330cd at the moment but just fancy something to get my teeth into again and the missus has suggested she might like a clio again...

Would probably look at buying a black DCI this time and finding a cheap sport to break as a doner car like last time.

One question I have is how easy is it to wrap body panels? Done interior trims to good effect but never anything big? Considering wrapping the body white and leaving the roof/mirrors etc black.

Always had lots of unfinished ideas on the last DCI so whilst we have the 330 I could SORN the next one until finished.

Just trying to convince myself it's a good idea!

Clio DCI
Definitely not your last one was amazing. Go for it, makes a great project.

Cheers matey. Worked out rough costs and reckon I could do the full conversion for relatively little cost.

I used to love your old one Tom. I'd try and find a Monaco. (or whatever the non-sport colour it)

Would love Monaco but not sure if it is. Non sport colour. Love sports in White though hence considering a wrap.

Do it!!

But not white with black as it will look like one of those stupid really rare corsa's lol...

Gunmetal grey:cool:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
find some injectors that let us pass the 130 bhp mark. stupid injecotr port sizes :(

tryying to think what you didnt do... decat, austins retrim?

Clio DCI
find some injectors that let us pass the 130 bhp mark. stupid injecotr port sizes :(

tryying to think what you didnt do... decat, austins retrim?

Not overly bothered about power, although may consider a remap.

Cruise control & climate control conversion, alcantara interior and just general OCD stuff like painting components (calipers, subframe, engine bay parts etc etc)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
For the price of the conversion on top of the DCI, would a 172 not be much cheaper?

Clio DCI
For the price of the conversion on top of the DCI, would a 172 not be much cheaper?

Not really. Insurance is lower, tax is £20, MPG is 60+ combined.

A doner car is going to cost around £800. Sell the bits I don't need to make the money back....

Clio DCI
bite the bullet and go for a 100!!!

Wouldn't be able to do the widetrack conversion on a 100 I don't think as they use a different gearbox. 1*2's and the 80's both use jc5 boxes so the shafts are compatible

Unless someone can tell me different?

Clio DCI
It was a brilliant dci.

Do you not work at wests anymore btw?

Cheers

Yea still work there but just not dealing with the parts side of things anymore. Moved into workshop control which takes up a lot of my time. Really enjoyed the mail order parts side but onwards and upwards etc :)

Clio DCI
It may not have you done any research into it ?

Not really but the good thing about the Clio II is that you can buy a doner car for peanuts, use all the bits you need and flog the bits you don't to recoup some cash.

Working at Renault means I could buy the body panels etc cheap but I'd want to do it properly and do widetrack/brembos/recaros etc

Not really but the good thing about the Clio II is that you can buy a doner car for peanuts, use all the bits you need and flog the bits you don't to recoup some cash.

Working at Renault means I could buy the body panels etc cheap but I'd want to do it properly and do widetrack/brembos/recaros etc

Makes sense maybe in a few more years lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
on the plus side mk3 DCi's drive so much better especially 106's vs 100's but the fact it uses a different shell means rear arches would be a nightmare

Clio DCI
on the plus side mk3 DCi's drive so much better especially 106's vs 100's but the fact it uses a different shell means rear arches would be a nightmare

rear arches had crossed my mind.

still only a thought in my mind at the moment but we shall see :)

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Wouldn't be able to do the widetrack conversion on a 100 I don't think as they use a different gearbox. 1*2's and the 80's both use jc5 boxes so the shafts are compatible

Unless someone can tell me different?

I've got a pb dci100 with full sport kit inc xenons, interior etc just need to fit the side skirts and i love it!it'basically the same spec as a 172 too as its got climate, auto lights/wipers and although it's not as quick as a 172 it still goes well enough to put a smile on my face and i haven't had it mapped yet!

As far as the widetrack conversion goes i was planning on doing it to mine and
rom what i can gather there are lots of rumours about not being able to do it but the 100 uses the Jr5 box which thought was compatible and the later 06- dci80 uses a jh3 which is incompatible!?

Clio DCI
I've got a pb dci100 with full sport kit inc xenons, interior etc just need to fit the side skirts and i love it!it'basically the same spec as a 172 too as its got climate, auto lights/wipers and although it's not as quick as a 172 it still goes well enough to put a smile on my face and i haven't had it mapped yet!

As far as the widetrack conversion goes i was planning on doing it to mine and
rom what i can gather there are lots of rumours about not being able to do it but the 100 uses the Jr5 box which thought was compatible and the later 06- dci80 uses a jh3 which is incompatible!?

The DCI 65/80 use the JC5 box, the same box as the 1*2's (albeit a different variant) but the driveshafts are interchangeable between them. However I doubt a JC5 shaft would fit into the JR5/JH3 box.