ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making the Rear a bit more lively

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Good Morning,

when I was last out on the track the rear end didn't feel lively enough, I felt as if it was making the car a bit slow out of the corners.

my setup is below

Spax RSX F- 10 clicks from hard R- Hardest setting
Yoko AD08r
Whitelin on hard

Any idea as to what it could be?

Many thanks,

Joe

If you make the front softer and increase the stiffness of the rear, also increase the rear ride height these cars work best with the nose down .

I've never experienced oversteer in my Clio once! The back end goes light over 100mph but thats it!

Thats on a standard sport 172 (understeer machine)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Give it some toe out on the rear. It'll be lively then.

What's the geo on the car currently?
It's been set up by mark fish, has about 3 degrees of front camber.
Will i need shims for the rear? I'll be taking it for a hunter alignment in the near future.
At the moment it feels quite subdued not letting me push it any more.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's been set up by mark fish, has about 3 degrees of front camber.
Will i need shims for the rear? I'll be taking it for a hunter alignment in the near future.
At the moment it feels quite subdued not letting me push it any more.
Yeah you'll need shims to adjust the rear toe. You need to get the alignment measured first though.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
If you have the coilove type rear damper, you could always look at a stiffer rear spring.

I have the same suspension set-up as you (OP) and I tend to find its Very neutral. I find the rear grips well and that its more likely to pop up on three wheels than slide, bags of LOO in the wet though!

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Yeah you'll need shims to adjust the rear toe. You need to get the alignment measured first though.

I'll be taking it for a hunter alignment to get a print out over the next few weeks.
would Pure Motorsport be able to make shims up for it?

If you have the coilove type rear damper, you could always look at a stiffer rear spring.

I have the same suspension set-up as you (OP) and I tend to find its Very neutral. I find the rear grips well and that its more likely to pop up on three wheels than slide, bags of LOO in the wet though!

I find it quite dull so to speak and feels like it needs to be a tad stiffer.
when I last spoke to Mark he advised that I should get some of the Gaz rear coilover damper and bring the spring rate up.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'll be taking it for a hunter alignment to get a print out over the next few weeks.
would Pure Motorsport be able to make shims up for it?

I find it quite dull so to speak and feels like it needs to be a tad stiffer.
when I last spoke to Mark he advised that I should get some of the Gaz rear coilover damper and bring the spring rate up.
Yeah they sell shims mate.