ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping mine turns up mid-July, more likely going to be August I think. It's been 5 weeks since ordering and I haven't heard anything at all from the dealer. Going to give them a call next week I think, see if there is any update.

How are you going about running it in? Following a specific routine or just driving it as you would always do?

I don't know how you're coping...the wait was absolutely killing me!

No specific running-in routine as such, just being sympathetic with the motor. Doesn't need thrashing as it flies at 2.5k rpm so it's easy to just surge along on the torque.

I've had a few exploratory runs early on near 5k, and I'm starting to let it run closer to 6k now. Seems to rev out up top quite nicely...was expecting some disappointment as the torque tails off but it seems to keep going nice and keenly.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Really like that. Might have to pop up the dealership

How much is road tax for a year?

£125 p.a.

Is it quicker than a Cup?

My 172 Cup? On road or track? On track I'll be able to tell you after 10th August...so long as it's dry at Goodwood. Not fussed if it is or isn't tbh. I know I keep saying it but until you get behind the wheel it's difficult to appreciate just how right Ford have got this. Pace is irrelevant really when everything just works together as well as it does and it feels the way it does.

On the road it's noticeably quicker than either of my NA Clios (172 Cup and 200), much easier to make progress in too.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
These are great cars !! im still deciding weather to go for the fez or the focus st going tomorrow to order one hopefully

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
These are great cars !! im still deciding weather to go for the fez or the focus st going tomorrow to order one hopefully

How much space do you really need? Do you want 35 mpg or 45 mpg? Apart from that, flip a coin, they're great cars.

I've just given mine a quick rinse and my ancient Galaxy S seems to capture the colour quite well...

2013-06-08180236_zps23a08857.jpg

2013-06-08180141_zps8e87067c.jpg

2013-06-08180449_zpse3641a8f.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Plate looks much better on the fiesta than the focus :(

​and just FYI, I'm averaging 27.5 mpg in my focus. I do drive it like I stole it though!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I had a really good look around one of these at the BTCC at Oulton today. I'm really keen on them. At first look, I didn't like the seats all. But they seem to very comfy, and supportive. May have to go for a test drive in one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the pre-facelift rear lights but looks superb.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks wise they have no presence what so ever IMO. I ended up following a 197 today and never appreciate how well they look on the road, awesome looking machines the mk3 RSI clips IMO.

Still love to try a fezzie though.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I like this car - if I was getting a new hot hatch it would be one of these, but I still love the 182 so will keep that. Although I am on the look out for a Williams as a weekend toy.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
you've gone downhill since the 172 cup!

Looks aside (which I appreciate are a bit Marmite) what's wrong with it?

1,150 kgs, enough power/torque to pull the skin off a rice pudding (something my 200 always struggled with), and a really really good chassis. It's really biddable on the throttle, I think it'll prove to be an absolute hoot on track.

Chuck in a decent enough interior and an easy 40+ mpg...after one week and 661 miles I'm really struggling to find any real faults.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Really really like these and as you say the numbers make it a no brainer.

Colour looks superb!!

I wasn't sure I liked them until I saw one in the flesh. I have to say I was quite impressed. First time I saw one was when I was at the pub last week. One of the owners ended up taking a few photos and posted them on one of the owners clubs :)

5DF3A53D-48B5-4290-9E10-005FF2372200-124-000000013FE3F211_zps9b6af7d7.jpg

4E979422-C95F-44C4-A375-B15AFF51AB3E-124-000000013666A2B7_zps264cc08a.jpg

DCC307DE-2ABF-43C4-B9DB-67444F05661C-124-0000000154D6909F_zps4a372ed9.jpg

2A976373-D180-4CB1-A482-E3E7A638D033-124-000000016A86AE03_zpsf682c250.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would like to see one on the ST style wheels actually.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yellow focus st looks great!

Fezzas would be much improved with number plate in the grill and focus st wheels.

Fiesta ST
Had a call from ford today to say my car is now in the factory, and that i should be looking at first week of july delivery.

320d
Mark you say overtakes are easier? Is that just because it is more lazy because according to the figures if you're in the right gear a 200 is as quick if not a little quicker than the ST.

I sat in one of these yesterday though at Oulton Park. Lovely motor. Sat in an EDC too and preferred the Ford.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark you say overtakes are easier? Is that just because it is more lazy because according to the figures if you're in the right gear a 200 is as quick if not a little quicker than the ST.

I sat in one of these yesterday though at Oulton Park. Lovely motor. Sat in an EDC too and preferred the Ford.

It's simply because of the torque...with pretty much all 214lbft available at a little over 2k rpm. In the 200 I could make similar progress but had to wring it out between 5-7k rpm...so it always felt like it was a massive effort. In the ST it's no effort. At all.

It's now feeling like it's loosened up a bit too, seems to rev more freely. I'm trying hard to run a full tank through it getting max mpg, not booting too much it is hard to resist but on the plus side the trip now reads 48 mpg after 150 miles. With a 56 litre tank the range is ridiculous!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Spirit blue with style pack, the same spec and time mark ordered his

1st week of July is good...my original ETA had slipped back to 15th July.

It's well worth the wait, I can't wait for you to get yours then at least someone else will understand when I try and get across how 'right' it all feels.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Next year certainly could be a fun time to buy a used one! Sprint Blue for me but tbh it looks great in any colour. Didn't they offer Black?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Next year certainly could be a fun time to buy a used one! Sprint Blue for me but tbh it looks great in any colour. Didn't they offer Black?

Spirit Blue? ;)

Yes on the black...Panther metallic, my mate is about to order an ST-2 in black + style kit, Tried to get him to leave the style pack off for maximum stealth but it's still free of charge at the moment so he's having it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Superb, love to see a picture of that, of course you'd be mad to take Black but the ZS always looked immense in Black, the shape really suits it.

Yeah Spirit Blue. :eek: Audi on the brain this morning!