ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fish mouth at the front...LOL...I've heard that more than a few times today already.

Colour? I've found these pics which are as close to real life as I've seen...

MO2_zps22103143.jpg

MO1_zpsa6727e65.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I love new Ford chassis, even base spec models seem awesome. I've been giving them some severe abuse and they lap it up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup. the 1.25 econetic base jobby was an absolute hoot. The steering was just so positive and responsive! Point and shoot as all Fiestas have been and a world away from a standard mk6.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
50-60mph into a roundabout and jerk the steering wheel half turn= big grin.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
50-60mph into a roundabout and jerk the steering wheel half turn= big grin.

I've not done anything like that yet, can't wait to have a go though...I'm going to build up to it slowly though I think.

I did go around a small roundabout in 2nd gear this lunchtime and planted my foot way before the exit...I just got dragged round and fired off up the exit.

No scrabbling, no understeer, no nothing. Either its mechanical traction is epic or the eTVC works incredibly well.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've not done anything like that yet, can't wait to have a go though...I'm going to build up to it slowly though I think.

I did go around a small roundabout in 2nd gear this lunchtime and planted my foot way before the exit...I just got dragged round and fired off up the exit.

No scrabbling, no understeer, no nothing. Either its mechanical traction is epic or the eTVC works incredibly well.

I was loosing traction in a 1.0 eco boost and the 1.6 diesel doing that, it's the traction that works really really well. Turn it off :)

​Soo playfull.

E92 325D
This thread, the reviews, the pricing and the fact that you traded in a 200 against one is making one seem real tempting to me...

Id love a new focus ST but the pricing just isnt as appealing

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
This thread, the reviews, the pricing and the fact that you traded in a 200 against one is making one seem real tempting to me...

Id love a new focus ST but the pricing just isnt as appealing

​have you been to a dealer and priced one up? I think you'd be surprised

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The Focus wouldn't tempt me out of the Fiesta sadly. I think the cost simply makes the Fiesta a bargain.

It's not like hot hatches are put together with tinfoil anymore they are very good cars inside and out. Quiet and comfortable when they need to be.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, did you price the Focus up against the ST?

Never even considered it. I wanted a replacement for my 200...I didn't need anything bigger.

So Fiesta (same size, incredible economy, strong spec) vs Focus (bigger, lesser economy, lesser spec, slightly more money).

Fiesta wins all day for me.

Is it special enough to move away from a 200?

All things considered I think so, I really do.

I can't think of a single reason that would make me consider going back to a Clio; if a brand new NA 200 was placed in front of me with all options and a nil-cost-to-change and I could have it straight away I'd still take the Fiesta every time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't think of a single reason either. The 200 isn't "special" as you put it so it's comparable to the old one probably more than the newer 200.

Never even considered it. I wanted a replacement for my 200...I didn't need anything bigger.

So Fiesta (same size, incredible economy, strong spec) vs Focus (bigger, lesser economy, lesser spec, slightly more money).

Fiesta wins all day for me.

Is it special enough to move away from a 200?

All things considered I think so, I really do.

I can't think of a single reason that would make me consider going back to a Clio; if a brand new NA 200 was placed in front of me with all options and a nil-cost-to-change and I could have it straight away I'd still take the Fiesta every time.

Interesting viewpoint, glad to hear you are happy with it mate, looks brilliant.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course it is. My point is the ST is more comparable to the 200 than the 200T being manual etc.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I do like these - I'd like to see what people can squeeze out of them!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I'm sure it's a fantastic car.... But it looks normal, almost more of a 1.2 than a hot hatch

Just me though! Enjoy Mark

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm sure it's a fantastic car.... But it looks normal, almost more of a 1.2 than a hot hatch

Just me though! Enjoy Mark

I've not seen the ST, but the Zetec S looks fantastic, how can you say it looks like a normal 1.2, same way a 1.2 clio looks like a 182?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
I said almost..... It has a fish mouth and some halfords looking tail pipes to make it an ST..... Every car review says that same! Just my personal taste! Get over it ;o)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I said almost..... It has a fish mouth and some halfords looking tail pipes to make it an ST..... Every car review says that same! Just my personal taste! Get over it ;o)

Lol at "almost" being your get out of jail free card.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Tidy wee motor. I'd like one, but I'm not sure how I want to go down a size from the Focus.

Z4
No, he's the one that borrows one from bmw on a daily basis so he can look down on the world.
​Should have gone fiesta tbh

Fiesta ST-2

It almost looks like a Focus...

Being serious though, the Zetec-S is noticeably different to a standard Fiesta and a ST is noticeably different to the Zetec-S.

Clio 182 FF
I would love one of these. Will stick with my 182 for now though and get saving! Do these come with Cruise Control?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lot's of love it seems for these!

Just been making the most of the weather and nipped out to get another 20 miles on the clock, stopped at a petrol station for some water and two people came up and spoke to me about it!

Realised with the windows down today that I can hear whatever it is dumping boost (?) when I lift off so spent a fair amount of time doing that LOL.

Also, it's taken a while (and will take a while longer still I'm sure) but the change in driving style needed is quite significant. No more hunting for the power and winding it up, just plant your foot, boost and away you go.

Overtakes on the way in this morning that in my 200 would require meticulous advance planning and positioning (and an element of finger crossing too!) were just there for the taking, in any gear. It's effortless.

Roy was right. Everyone needs boost in their lives.

Will get some videos done this weekend.