ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin_172's Twingo GT TCE

vinyl round the number plate black mirrors & spoiler ;)

one of these :D

11092009072.jpg

a slight drop on 182 alloys just to compliment the other mods

then we can think about power could always do a dci conversion ;)

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you get DCi Twingos in Europe think they are a 90hp model! - would like of one of they diffusers if i could find one!

Ordered a k-tec pannel filter today along with genuine spark plugs and going to my local place to get some millers oil and filter to service it :)

a job i done yesterday and forgot how much i f**king hate doing it (never had to do it for years!)......
2012-10-03-017.jpg

nice shiney black drums lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
oil and filter changed today, got Millers 5w40 CFS for £40 inc vat at my local motor factors which i thought was awesome! plus a fiver for filter and sump washer.

oilmp.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
old 4 plugs vs one new plug, didnt look too bad and it had the proper plugs installed too
20121006027.jpg

this however doesnt appear to have been changed at the last service 13k ago!!! (my k-tec should be here on monday :) )
20121006028.jpg

20121006029.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Received my K-Tec air filter today, poped the airbox open and threw it in, while i was at it i removed the boost pipe and cleaned the throttle body out (car was idling fine but i just like to do this whenever i service my cars to ensure they are running spot on)
20121008032.jpg

20121008033.jpg

tiny little throttle body!!
20121008036.jpg

Obviously i cant compair performance due to the old filter being all clogged up and dirty vs a new foam filter, however, strangely enough the car doesnt feel any different/quicker high up the revs possibly just a bit more urgent but low down under 3000rpm its feels like its gained a nice amount more torque and the turbo spooling can be heard much clearer, sounds pretty good actually! where it used to be just a light whistle you can now hear the tiny little snail making a deep sucking noise! Overall good money spent!
Next up all i need to do is sort out a FMIC and K-Tec inlet hose and thats me quite happy with the inlet/induction side of things. Intesrested in what K-Tec are going to come up with now they are developing a decat

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Rather you than me, but it'll save you a heap of dosh! They're sooo cheap to run compared to the 133.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i love it compaired to my heap of a 200 lol it has no rattles, clunks, exhaust is still fitted properly however we all know that wasnt down to Renault and was Arnold Clarks fault!

so far its doing 40mpg daily around town and thats not really trying, thats just nipping about, ive managed 45mpg over a full tank taking a bit more care, but weighing 970kg with a nice little low down punch of torque makes it good fun to drive about town!

drives really well, Gearbox feel isnt great but its the same box as fitted to the DCi100 so im used to it!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
lol sarcasm? No idea when the standard filter was last changed if that!! Looked possibly 50k 5yr old as if it wss the factory one!

No it is clean. The one in my Alfa has done 2k and is dirtier than that!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
strange, my 200 filter was no where near that dirty after 13k! suppose it just depends on the setup of the airbox/air feed etc, there was stones and leaves in the airbox too lol

133/225/CLS AMG
My mum has a Twingo Gordini TCE and I have to say it's an impressive car.

Like you say because it's so light and has plenty of torque they're not a slow car. Driven right they're not far behind a 133 in a straight line but with the bonus of great MPG, cheaper tax etc

Look forward to seeing this with 140bhp+

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah im looking forward to getting it above the 140bhp mark too!

todays job was a rubbish one, stripping the dash top to replace a blown bulb behind the heating controls, 2 bulbs delivered for £1.99 from ebay and just replaced both, job done!
20121013002.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
RS tuning probably, they seem to be the guys to do it when using 182 injectors.

not sure when yet, the budget tyres all round are shockingly bad, you cant use full throttle in 2nd gear in the wet they are that bad lol so no point in anymore power yet, was considering just replacing them but due to it being a runabout it defeats the point in it if i ditch the 4 brand new budgets for some expensive rubber, ill get the winter out the road first then stick some decent rubber on it and maby a set of coilovers and map but for now its all serviced up and ready for hopefully a hastle free winter!

Twingo GT
I'd personally throw a better fuel pump in there, will make the fuelling easier and better. That's my next move after built my induction set up

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I have a 172 fuel pump in my shed... Cover the postage and its yours martin otherwise its going in the bin!

If thats ur plan anyway :rasp:

Twingo GT
That's okay then as I'm going to look at putting in new pump so if offers there Tunst will have that off you :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id imagine they are probably the same but a higher flow rate on the 172 as id imagine they probably use a similar or same fuel tank etc being a mk2 chassis

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fitted new clean plates with no dealer advertsing!, it was getting dark and the car was dirty but took a picture anyway...
20121027013.jpg

Also ordered an RSTuner for it with a Stage 1 map :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Uploaded the new map from Henk @ Fastchip today and HOLY s**t! its transformed it, the mid range torque gain is huge, i used to rev it to 5500rpm when going for it but now i never bother taking it past 4000rpm it flys through the revs!

Injectors are hitting 100% duty though and spitting out the dummy so looks like i need to get 182 ones sooner than i thought and a further tune to make the most of them!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
The wee GT is coming along a treat mate!

How easy was it to take apart the centre binnacle? Thinking of ordering one with a RS monitor in it...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a doddle buddy, the top "hood" bit that goes over the speedo just pulls off, then the storage tray above the steeringwheel just levers off, open the glove box and there is 2 (10mm from memory) bolts holding the airbag in, remove them and pop the airbag up just enough to lift the vents etc out and your done! speedo just unplugs and i think is held in with 2 torx screws from memory!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
a doddle buddy, the top "hood" bit that goes over the speedo just pulls off, then the storage tray above the steeringwheel just levers off, open the glove box and there is 2 (10mm from memory) bolts holding the airbag in, remove them and pop the airbag up just enough to lift the vents etc out and your done! speedo just unplugs and i think is held in with 2 torx screws from memory!

Hmm sounds like a job even someone as clumsy and ham-fisted such as me could do! Just sourcing a RS monitor at a decent price just seems to be the next task...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so is the RS monitor a standalone system you just need the stalk to control? not integrated with the UCH etc?

quick 3rd gear 30-70mph blast! just need 182 injectors, further map and a boost controler to help it hold boost all the way thru the rev range and it will fly as you can see it tailing off the boost above 60mph as it cant get the fuel for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mate bought a non runner 1.2 16v clio off another mate today, had a decent Pioneer stereo in it which im looking for as the standard twingo ones are pants and make even standard clio ones sound like a Bose. I have a cabasse in the garage which is what hes looking for so we swapped!

20121110055.jpg