ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin_172's Twingo GT TCE

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Did you by any chance see the Clio tce ktec mapped a couple of weeks ago? Insane! Have a look on their Facebook

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Danny i did, only running a K03 and 182 injectors too, impressive!!

Im having issues with the RSTuner where its spitting out the dummy randomly putting the car into limp mode, logging fault codes "random multiple cylinder missfire" and "missfire detected with low fuel" so as far as i can see its due to the injectors not being able to cope, so its running back on the standard map for now while Henk works something out, weve exchanged a few emails, Ive offered to fork out for a set of 182 injectors if he can sort me a map for them as ive currently got a product i cant use!

even on the standard map the injectors are hitting 101.5% duty cycle on the overboost in 4th gear! no wonder renault didnt make it overboost in 5th!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
still having a few issues with the map, henk has been brilliant so far though and should have an update for me soon. ive got all the data logs over to him.

anyone on here have any idea why its not holding boost high up the rpm? all this ecu and turbo noncense is new to me lol
will need to be viewed in full screen 1080p to see clearly

Last edited by a moderator:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
boost seems to be behaving as the PWM control is asking it to. I'd be looking at the wastegate duty target table if it were me

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so it looks like possibly a wastegate issue? wastegate is struggling to hold pressure, causing the turbo to fluctuate? i may be way off the mark as i said its all new to me! I know henk will do his thing here, im just curious as to whats going on as the map has been used on other twingos with no issues yet mine is throwing a hissy fit!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
not an issue, just how it's set. Yellow line shows how much work the solenoid is doing (duty cycle) to increase boost, you'll have to increase the duty cycle.
Henk will be all over that I'm sure

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ahh right so the actuator is controlled by the ECU map, not a physical setting on the actuator its self?

also could this be why the engine is developing a missfire? and going into limp mode/ EML coming on, fault code "multiple cylinder missfire detected"

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ahh right so the actuator is controlled by the ECU map, not a physical setting on the actuator its self?

also could this be why the engine is developing a missfire?

yup. everything is done with target maps too in modern ECU's, so it's all closed loop. Hex code in a megane 250 ECU is one of the most intimidating things I've ever seen

The misfire, I'm not sure, could just be you're well past the injector's capability and it's going lean, or you could have one on it's way out

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
got a reply from henk...
Basically it looks OK except for the following;

- low grade fuel

- Boost actuator seems to have to much preset

- Spark plugs worn ?

Please check plugs and wastegate preset pressure / sticking if the
problems persist on RON97/98 Fuel.

Car is running Tesco99 & brand new genuine plugs so where do i go from here?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
right so today i done a bit of digging on youtube (LOL!) and found out how to reset the turbo actuator, went out and done this and its cured the problem, no longer going into limp mode, however the boost feels as if its pulsing or surging high up the revs above 4000rpm the car surges as if your going from 80% throttle to 100% throttle. I asume im now on the right track just a bit more fine adjustment? any ideas?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ok so everything was fine until tonight back to spitting out the dummy. What i dont undrstand is how can it be the car when it runs 100% with the standard map? THOUGHTS?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Boost sensors play havock on the tec's according to a renault tech i spoke to this week.

Now i havent a clue what im looking at on the rs tunner but its worth a shot looking to see if the ecu is spazzing on boost loads.

My dci ( yes i know different engine ) kept going into limp mode when boost upset the ecu. Flaggin up fuel rail pressure and missfire on cylinder(s) codes

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
right think i may be getting somewhere after datalogging again tonight, when i reset the actuator going by a generic guide its put more preload on than it had as standard so it seems to now be opening too early and its not making boost properly, so further adjustment tomorrow with less preload and ill go back to henk's map and see where we go from there. It may be doing my nut in but im learning a bit more about turbos lol!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
well... RS Tuner is going in the skip. the car runs spot on perfect on the standard map, put it on the modified map and it missfires and spits out the dummy into limp mode randomly, even at low rpm and less than 50% throttle.

henk says its poor fuel quality or a over tensioned wastegate, the car is running shell vpower and tesco99 and doing it on both over 3 tanks, the wastegate is the factory fitted renault item, ive played with it and so far all i can get is for it to not run properly on the standard map, not make it run on the modified map. so thats that!!! word of advice, as much as they are good on the clio, if your running a twingo GT go elsewhere!

e92 330i
Shame about the rs tuner. Had a look on twingooc forum to see if anyones hads any simular problems? Maybe worth just getting it mapped properly?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no one on twingo OC has used the RS tuner due to most never hearing of it, from what i was led to beleive from the past, henk was the muts nuts when it comes to mapping cars, however this has proved not the case and its ok saying its maby worth just getting it mapped properly but ive just spent £300 on the RS tuner which is useless!

however this has proved not the case and its ok saying its maby worth just getting it mapped properly but ive just spent £300 on the RS tuner which is useless!

Sigh,... Changing coils and plugs will probably fix it More turbo pressure puts more load on the ignition system.
Also use better fuel, you have too much knock correction. You cannot use cheap fuel i.c.w. tuning.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as per my emails henk it has brand new coils on it, brand new genuine renault spark plugs and as i have told you 2 times, the highest RON, most expensive fuel you can buy in the UK

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ah yeah forgot about that John.

I genuinely had loads of faith in this map, hence why i choose henk over RS tuning, as i beleived i would be getting an equally good map (as i know RS Tuning are ment to be awesome, and their rep speaks for its self) but without the need to travel to leeds, unfortunately though ive now spent more money on fuel data logging to try and cure it or understand it than i would driving to leeds lol!!!

Henk has me a new map with more coil energy which as far as i can see will highlight if the ignition system is at fault, so lets hope it points us in the right direction and i can enjoy my purchase!

Henk has me a new map with more coil energy which as far as i can see will highlight if the ignition system is at fault, so lets hope it points us in the right direction and i can enjoy my purchase!

That is not a problem at all, just stop bad mouthing my work. If there is an issue I always sort it out. But it can take some datalogging exchange of information back and forth.
And if its running on Tesco 99 I dont see knock correction which is the case on your car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Unless I'm missing the point dramatically, what is the point in downgrading your car to save money, to then spend loads of money doing stuff to the new car?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That is not a problem at all, just stop bad mouthing my work. If there is an issue I always sort it out. But it can take some datalogging exchange of information back and forth.
And if its running on Tesco 99 I dont see knock correction which is the case on your car.
im not sure i understand this? the has been ran on Vpower and tesco99 and both have the same issue, i have no other option but to purchase race fuel to get higher quality fuel?

I have not bad mouthed your work, purely given updates on where i am with the car. infact as i have stated in all my recent posts the reason i choose you is due to the excelent results ive had with your 172 maps. I felt i had hit a brick wall after explaining i was running new sparkplugs, leads and best quality fuel, to then again be told it must be the plugs, leads or fuel.

We are both in business for a very long time. I even longer than Paul. So my customer service cant be that bad as i suggested here ?
John had issues a while back with an RS Tuner not working with an unlock code.

Unless I'm missing the point dramatically, what is the point in downgrading your car to save money, to then spend loads of money doing stuff to the new car?

because i saved £10,000 by downgrading and spent £300 on 30% more power and a fuel increase.

I felt i had hit a brick wall after explaining i was running new sparkplugs, leads and best quality fuel, to then again be told it must be the plugs, leads or fuel.

You only told me it had new ignition leads. See your emails. Perhaps a misunderstanding.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ah right sorry, yes ive tried another coil pack on it, however as my current one works ok on standard map its hard to rule out the other one being the same. Ill try your new map and keep yourself and the guys on here updated and fingers crossed we can get to the bottom of it, i dont mind it taking time to fix as long as we eventually get there :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah im quite interested, henk recons around 110hp on this map as its more about low down torque and power delivery due to the injectors being a limiting factor high up the revs, set of 182 injectors soon should sort that tho!