ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin's Clio DCi Van

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Another full day spent today, doesn't feel like much progress. The van is fully gutted and the 182 is about an hour's work from being the same so tomorrow the jigsaw puzzle starts and the van can start getting built back up on the inside.
IMG_20190919_144741.jpg
IMG_20190919_154559.jpg

I always laughed at people who strip wiring looms to save weight but now I understand, what a weight in it!!!

I could have got away with using the van interior loom and coding out the ESP I think but since I had both cars I just went the full hog and swapped EVERYTHING even the heater box etc as the van had manual air controls vs the 182 automatic climate with the motors to move the vents etc so its all been swapped so the van will have climate control, cruise control, esp, even the sun visors with the lights lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Got all the interior wiring in today then set about building it back up, the van, having been a work horse for 19yrs had a horrible carpet with oil all over it etc so decided to put the 182 one in, which is in good condition and the 182s got a nicer carpet to begin with, down side, ITS TWICE THE WEIGHT!!!
IMG_20190921_123849.jpg

Stopped for an irn bru break but it's getting there...
IMG_20190921_141445.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Thank god the interior is now done, not in a hurry to do that again!
Just the uch to fit properly and head unit to install.

Re fitted the standard steering wheel without cruise control as I'm going to get the 182 one re trimmed as it's past it.

Not sure if the standard non RS dials will work properly but we will soon find out I retained them as the milage matches, I done a white LED conversion and it should be able to go off the clock 😂 182 ones are there if they don't work properly with it.

That's been close to 40hrs and I'm not in a hurry to do it again, however that's the worst of it done.

Job for this week if I get free time is engine out both cars and rear beam swapped over so I can scrap the 182 shell on my drive!

IMG_20190922_175832.jpg
IMG_20190922_175852.jpg
IMG_20190922_175648.jpg
IMG_20190922_175713.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Struggling for time as always! but was day off today so started to tackle the F4R, it had 15yrs and 65k of grime on it so stripped it all down, got the PAS and aircon pumps off it as im not using them, got the top end all painted up, need to get a shot of a Dremel to prep the bottom end and paint it fresh black, quickly threw it back together to see how its looking then took it apart again to save it getting dirty while I finish the rest lol
74231781_1400977060059602_675377323758845952_n.jpg

need to get a timing belt kit and some locking tools for it to do the belt, a fresh waterpump and the pure motorsport aircon/pas delete kit and lightweight pulleys. Then it will get a clutch, thermostat and finally in the van!

tempted to order a set of cams for it while its out but I suppose you need to draw the line somewhere!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
got another couple of hours on the van today. Managed to swap over the 182 brake master cylinder, ABS System and the brake lines and calipers then the lower arms, hubs and discs.

hoping tomorrow to get the 182 ARB swapped over then bang the engine back in.

The plan was to rebuild it replacing the belts, bushes, arms, wheel bearings etc and build it all up to a nice refreshed state but im struggling for time, and with xmas coming up can only spend so much on it so the ideal now is bang it all together, get it running, enjoy it over the summer then next winter ill pull it apart and do the belts and a refresh on it, as currently ive got 2x of everything with having 2 cars so id like to get it running, get rid of the old shell and anything I don't need and get my drive and garage back!
1.jpg

74883034_2456801807898540_925586519102586880_n.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hammered into it this afternoon for a few hours.

Engine and gearbox in
Engine all wired in
Subframe drilled to fit the lower front engine mount
182 brakes, hubs, shafts, suspension all fitted
Back on it's wheels to see how it sits
IMG_20191113_170427.jpg
IMG_20191113_170438.jpg

Job for tomorrow is radiator and all coolant system in, bumper and lights on.

All that's left after that is rear beam, fuel tank and fill all. The fluids!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
When did you change the tank ?
It's not been changed yet, job for this weekend.

Today I got the bumper, lights, slam panel back on, radiator back in, coolant system all plumbed in engines all wired in, got the battery on it and started testing bits, immobiliser light is staying solid so I'll need to check that out tomorrow with a fresh head, looks awesome with the wide track!

IMG_20191116_171103.jpg
IMG_20191116_171151.jpg
IMG_20191116_171113.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Done a bit more work today, had the odd bolt that had sheared etc during fitting so went to the scrappys for replacements and replaced everything with the proper bolt, also found I had missed the rear engine loom earth at the top of the gearbox so connected that and that's solved my immobiliser issue!

She now turns over perfectly! so all I need to do is order/fit the pure motorsport PAS/AC removal kit, swap the fuel tank and connect the fuel line, fit the 182 rear beam and then replace and bleed all fluids!
77218537_2150044338637519_3272882645691793408_n.jpg

Clio
Really good work mate . I still have my 1.2 16v on the back of my drive ive owned for 16 years .

Id like to take on the swop the way you have done it . I know if i do it you guys would help with the conversion problems and knowledge.

Most folk say just buy a 182 . Ive done that and it meant nothing to me ! Its that clio on my drive i have the connection with not any other clio . Ive owned it since 18 years of age . Shes called christine . ( from the film of the same name ) because the car has a hold on me so everyone in my family says lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Really good work mate . I still have my 1.2 16v on the back of my drive ive owned for 16 years .

Id like to take on the swop the way you have done it . I know if i do it you guys would help with the conversion problems and knowledge.

Most folk say just buy a 182 . Ive done that and it meant nothing to me ! Its that clio on my drive i have the connection with not any other clio . Ive owned it since 18 years of age . Shes called christine . ( from the film of the same name ) because the car has a hold on me so everyone in my family says lol
worth doing mate, to be honest its a pretty simple swap just labour intensive! but worth doing right!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just caught up with this, top work Martin, widetrack van for the win. this one has a legit fast engine in it too, not like our dcis lol
Cheers mate, looking forward to getting it on the road just really struggling with time, rear beam and fuel tank is all that's left in the way of big jobs then just a few wee bits to re visit and tidy up hoping to have it all done for the spring!