ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched Inlets on turbo f4r

172cup turbo & rx8
Are matched inlets more benificial on a na motor or are they equally benificial on a turbo'd engine?

Mine will be receiving gt28rs treatment over the winter I'm just gathering a few aditional bits and trying to decide wether they'll be worth wile addition

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
just whack the boost up .5 of a psi and youl gain the same ammount as a NA would. waste of money imo

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
the amount will be negligable tho if hes doing the turbo thing properly?

more gains to be had by insuring better cooling of the charge air and other cheaper mods surley?

172 cup
just whack the boost up .5 of a psi and youl gain the same ammount as a NA would. waste of money imo

That's when trouble starts just whacking boost up. The car should set up to suit the fuel and air mixture. Glad you ant adjusting mine.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
if hes doing it properly he will have an ecu which is mapped to beyond the boost he will be running day in day out so he can put it up .5 of a psi and not damage anything. but as my comment was slightly sarcastic which seems to have been missed by you its irrelevant now.

the point i was trying to make is with a boosted application the gains would be negligable to other changes that could be made, such as efficient cooling of charge air for example. evry little helps of course but he did ask wether he should bother or not to which i added my opinion of no

172 cup
Maybe I picked it wrong but as I see it people run very near the limit at peak boost. As i have seen before many people will just turn up the boost with no thought of the damage it can do.

I also don't think the inlets would not be worth it for the gain if any. Custom manifold is the way to go.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
if hes clever he will map it to the maximum boost it can handle then "de-tune" it so hes running within a safe limit. if not them my comment was a foolish sugestion ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yes so if he doesent match the inlets, simply upping the boost slightly will have the same effect

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I did mine, at the end of the day everyone knows the RS inlets have poor matching, turbo, super charged or n/a makes no difference there still poorly matched, for what it costs, which is nothing compared to what a turbo convertion costs just get it dOne.