ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mates old S1 Turbo

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You think my RS Turbo is clean this is madness.
The only thing that has been changed on this is 1 tyre as it got a puncture. Everything else is original as the day it rolled of the production line.
Even has the factory check stickers in the floor pan in the boot.

Was sold to someone in IN and never seen again.

B707ANMS1TURBO007.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO006.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO004.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO001.gif

b4543f1a.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO059.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO052.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO050.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO049.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO045.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO039.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO032.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO025.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO022.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO021.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO012.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO008.gif

B707ANMS1TURBO033.gif

53 Clio's & counting
Wow, I have just had a cricis!!

What a stunning machine, always wanted a S1, a mate has one and is restoring it, and doesn't look too far off this now

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Martin (My Mate) Sold this for £9k+ and then bought a lotus elise.
He never drove it anywhere and it was put and a trailer and then towed and thats why he had to get a new tyre as one burst on the trailer.

I just could not get over this car and i fell in love as its exactly how it is as it rolled off the production line.

My mate even waited months just to get the original ford logo on the jubilee clips from ford as they had to be original.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've been in one with lower miles. My Dad replaced the dash on it before a show. Not sure where it is now.

Special cars.

A question for the doubters. Any other car manufacturer produce the same following of concours cars?

Rb 182
On one hand i love cars like this, keeping it as good as it can get. But on the other hand its a shame it never got used. Tis lovely either way.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've been in one with lower miles. My Dad replaced the dash on it before a show. Not sure where it is now.

Special cars.

A question for the doubters. Any other car manufacturer produce the same following of concours cars?

Worldwide or UK?

UK = Ford
Worldwide = VW or Porsche (VW probably)

Yes.

If you popped your head out of your blue oval arse you would see Ford concours is not the be all and end all of concours. yes they are anal in the ford scene but other scenes are just as anal IMHO.

Like has been said outside the UK does anyone give a s**t about clean Fords?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Special cars.

Minis are the only car culture with as many window lickers as the ford boys that I can think of in the UK. And with 60 years of cars to go back they have just as many classes etc as well.

They were all doing all the mirrors under car stuff etc 20 years ago when I first went to mini shows, long before I saw it happening as much at ford shows.

TBH I always thought it a bit of a sad thing really, all these cars never getting used, just seems a totally pointless hobby to me, but as Ive got older Ive at least come round to think that if it wasnt for some bloke spending 1000s of hours a year licking his mini exhaust clean etc I would have never seen what a 1960s cooper was like etc.

Strange folk though by any standards, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes.

If you popped your head out of your blue oval arse you would see Ford concours is not the be all and end all of concours. yes they are anal in the ford scene but other scenes are just as anal IMHO.

Like has been said outside the UK does anyone give a s**t about clean Fords?

Yes they do, there is a huge concours section at the european ford event, my mate Dave Moss won it one year with his escos.

But home of the ford always has and always will be essex and london, even in terms of the UK the rest has hardly any by comparison, the essex and london ford scene is a proper way of life.